Thai Pass for 15 years olds?!!??

Hoping you might be able to help.

The new rules say that from 16th December, children 12-17 can travel without full vaccination if travelling with parents (and with a negative RT-PCR).  My twin boys (15) only have a single vaccine (which is all they can get in the UK).

However, the Thai Pass website still expects you to upload evidence of two vaccines.  Completely stuck.  Any ideas?

Thanks

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

The second one should be optional.

Somebody who got vaccinated with J&J would also only have one.

That’s true, but when you select J&J, you aren’t presented with a second vaccination whereas when you select Moderna, for example, you need to enter two vaccinations. My son had Moderna and my wife and daughter had J&J.

OP, I don’t know if there is an easy work around for your situation.

15 minutes ago, Elmani said:

Thanks.  The information on the change is on this website

I don't seem anything in that TAT announcement about Childress vaccinations.

Are you entering the for the test and go or sandbox?

The 10 ay quarantine does not require vaccinations.

We are travelling and test & go.  The relevant text in the article is:

Travellers 12-17 years of age, travelling with parents, are not required to be vaccinated but must have a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours before travelling. Those unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least one dose of an approved vaccine and must have a negative RT-PCR test result. 

3 hours ago, Elmani said:

We are travelling and test & go.  The relevant text in the article is:

Travellers 12-17 years of age, travelling with parents, are not required to be vaccinated but must have a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours before travelling. Those unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least one dose of an approved vaccine and must have a negative RT-PCR test result. 

If I understand the requirement correctly, if the boys are traveling with theirs parents then all they need is the negative RT-PCR test and they don’t need proof of vaccination.

if you are saying the Thailand Pass system is requiring you to enter the boy’s vaccination information, then I see the dilemma. You could try just submitting the same vaccination information twice and see if the system accepts it so that you can complete the application. My guess is it won’t allow you to do it but it may be worth a try. Maybe they will add a vaccination type of “Not Required” in the future. Keep an eye out for such an option.

I remember there was a place to add children under 12 when a parent applied. I suppose that hasn’t been changed to allow children 17 and under.

Thanks.  That's exactly what I've done (i.e submitted their first vaccination and then submitted a note under the second highlighting that they are only 15 but that they should be allowed under the rules). Unfortunately we've not heard anything back and my wife and I got our responses within a day.  We'll obviously just keep waiting to hear, but it's frustrating !

10 hours ago, Elmani said:

Unfortunately the Thai pass application form hasn't been updated inline with these new rules.  Very frustrating! ????

The FAQs' have been changed.

"Travelers aged 12-17 must have a vaccination certificate confirming that they have received at least one dose. S At least 14 days before travel to be able to enter Thailand without quarantine or Sandbox Program"

Upload their first vaccination certificate twice so there will something in the 2nd dose space.