compare facemask use in Cambodia vs. Thailand?

World Traveller2

Care to weigh in? I mean policy and compliance. This post is directed to those who have been to both countries within the last three months.

Basically any areas where the street and indoors reality is substantially different. Or indeed not different when comparing the two countries facemask use and enforcement. Penalties and practice.

I see that facemask use in Thailand is pretty much universal (although less strictly followed on private property, by marginal members of society and by the big risk-takers: young men)

That comparison would be fairly useless, as all things are probably not equal.

This statement alone proves that:  "I see that facemask use in Thailand is pretty much universal"

Maybe in Krung Thep and larger metros, but where I live, it's quite the opposite.

46 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That comparison would be fairly useless, as all things are probably not equal.

This statement alone proves that:  "I see that facemask use in Thailand is pretty much universal"

Maybe in Krung Thep and larger metros, but where I live, it's quite the opposite.

Have you been to Cambodia lately? I have not.

Where are you in Thailand, where facemask compliance is not close to universal? I am inSurin City. Pretty much the same here as in Bangkok.

When I asked a Professor at a local university he said the rules had become relaxed (he did not say when) and were related to a person's vaccination status. Maybe I misunderstood and he meant the colour-coded zone system.

31 minutes ago, World Traveller2 said:

Have you been to Cambodia lately? I have not.

Where are you in Thailand, where facemask compliance is not close to universal? I am inSurin City. Pretty much the same here as in Bangkok.

When I asked a Professor at a local university he said the rules had become relaxed (he did not say when) and were related to a person's vaccination status. Maybe I misunderstood and he meant the colour-coded zone system.

No desire or reason to go to Cambo.

Live 100 kms south of Hua Hin.  Been all around the country since the beginning of the 'situation', and again, except for Krung Thep, and metros, along with 'chain' businesses (7-11 & fast food), few wear mask and if so, at least half wear improperly.  My observations anyway.

As always, other's experiences may differ.