Ubctv Is Wonky!

Nikkijah

We bought a new TV recently and when it was delivered we noticed the picture was on the piss, I was upset because I'd wanted this TV for a while and thought I'd have to wait another week to get a replacement delivered but then I had an idea! I put the old TV and the new TV next to each other to compare and what did I find? I found that it is UBCTV that's on the piss, not my new TV!!!

How can an organisation(if you can describe it that way) like UBC let their transmissions go out like that? Don't any of the employees notice it? Is there anything that can be done?

It's not only pissed, it's also more to one side than the other too!!!

nikki, with all due respect, what makes you think it's UBC's fault? Wouldnt the hundreds of thousands of other subscribers have complained too?

Dont you think it might be possible it's your decoder box or ariel?

Most likely the antenna dish is not aligned correctly.

Tip - Next time the UBC staff come to service it (if they come at all) - watch the tech. & learn how to align it yourself. Not too hard...

Cheers,

Soundman.

On the VERY few occasions that we have had a problem with UBC, they came quickly after being called. If the rest of Thailand was as efficient as UBC, It would be a much better place. I think the service is overpriced but the service is good.

I am currently having a problem with UBC. The picture keeps coming and going. Called UBC in BKK yesterday and they said they are aware of this and trying to fix it. Anyone else having this problem.

On the VERY few occasions that we have had a problem with UBC, they came quickly after being called. If the rest of Thailand was as efficient as UBC, It would be a much better place. I think the service is overpriced but the service is good.

Amen to Overpriced.

Most likely the antenna dish is not aligned correctly.

Tip - Next time the UBC staff come to service it (if they come at all) - watch the tech. & learn how to align it yourself. Not too hard...

Cheers,

Soundman.

No idea, that is a part of the deal.

2 1/2 year member,never seen anybody. :o

My only problem with UBC is the delivery of their magasin.

Delivery between 7 and 23 (!) days in the running month.

Numerous phonecalls proved to be without any improvement :D

Edited by dutch

UBC is overpriced.I subscribed with them for a half year.Now I have a shuttle with most of the nets UBC is offering.But no more monthly bills.Although that UBC has a pretty good service,nothing wrong with that.

UBC is overpriced.I subscribed with them for a half year.Now I have a shuttle with most of the nets UBC is offering.But no more monthly bills.Although that UBC has a pretty good service,nothing wrong with that.

what is a shuttle?

Maybe I got the wrong word for what I meant.I thhought it is called a shuttle,the receiver maybe .

There are some more different,like DYNASAT,buy the product,install with no monthly costs.

I don't know but it works fine at my place.

Maybe I got the wrong word for what I meant.I thhought it is called a shuttle,the receiver maybe .

There are some more different,like DYNASAT,buy the product,install with no monthly costs.

I don't know but it works fine at my place.

the only good thing about ubc is just before theres a big storm comjng i lose the signal, who needs a weather channel :o

nikki, with all due respect, what makes you think it's UBC's fault? Wouldnt the hundreds of thousands of other subscribers have complained too?

Dont you think it might be possible it's your decoder box or ariel?

It might be only ours, does anybody else have this problem? I've only just noticed it and I'm one of those people who would have seen this before, is it possible that a storm may have affected the dish and that would make the signal wonky?? Surely not...

We've had UBC for over a year now and we've never seen a UBC worker in any form :o

The problem will be with the TV, there should be a tilt adjust button somewhere on the remote or in the TV set up menu, just adjust it.

I think (but could be completely wrong) that it is something to do with the magnet in the back of the TV.

edit: Is the TV pic wonky when the non UBC channels are showing?

Edited by bkkmadness

The problem will be with the TV, there should be a tilt adjust button somewhere on the remote or in the TV set up menu, just adjust it.

I think (but could be completely wrong) that it is something to do with the magnet in the back of the TV.

edit: Is the TV pic wonky when the non UBC channels are showing?

I haven't tried the TV without UBC channels yet but as I said in my original post we put 2 TV's next to each other and they both shared exactly the same tilt so that would be very lucky if they both went wrong exactly the same :o

:D Have been a UBC subscriber in Chiengmai, Hua Hin and now Bangkok..today the reception was on/off regularly...thought it may be the TV receiver but reading these posts me thinks not...enlightening to hear of others problems with reception..in a condo so dont know what is going on really...must remain mindful!

As distinct from mindless.... :o Dukkha