Visa For My Thai Gf And Our Baby To Visit Uk

Hi,

I'm 40 year old British Male, came to Thailand originally 8 years ago to work, stayed for 4 years at that time and then went back to Blighty to set up a business which I ran for 3 years. UK business relied heavily on using Thai subcontractors, therefore frequent visits by me to Thailand during those 3 years (4 or 5 trips per year). Closed business 14 months ago an I've been back in Thailand since that time on Tourist Visa's (since end of May 2006).

Took Thai gf back to UK first time in 2003 on 6 month tourist visa, then again in 2004 on second tourist visa, then finally in 2005 on third tourist visa (she returned to Th just before the visa expired in July 2005. She stayed for the full 6 months on each occassion.

We had a baby in May 2006 who is now 12 months old.

The problem I have is that I don't have any paperwork evidence (phone bills (as I use Skype), e-mails etc.) to show that we were in a continuous relationship.

My question is (to The Esteemed Scouser - in an ideal world); how do we get around this and what is the minimum supporting evidence/documentation that we would require to ensure plain sailing through the application process. Also, what's the turnaround time for an application these days if no hitches? We plan to travel early July and stay in Blighty for 4 weeks. (I'm aware of the Embassy shutdown period by the way).

Just a final note, we have got an interview at the British Embassy Bkk this month to apply for British citizenship for my child as he/she was born before the cut off date for the new law change.

Many thanks for any advice.

SP

I wouldn't foresee too many problems; after all your girlfriend has previously obtained three visit visas for the purposes of accompanying you to the UK and has complied with their conditions.

I wouldn't worry about evidence of your relationship as the embassy has already accepted its genuineness by issuing the previous visas. You may wish, however, to point out in a covering letter that you've been living together in Thailand for the last year, the corollary being that you have no evidence of contact. If you have correspondence addressed to you both at the same address, you may choose to include the envelopes with the application. You should also provide up-to-date bank statements etc as evidence of your means and ability to fund the trip. If you are staying with friends/relatives in the UK, a letter from them addressed to the embassy and which confirms the availability of accommodation will also assist.

Scouse.

Sir Scouse,

Many thanks for your lightning fast response!!

First class information as always.

Amongst the other places I shall also be visiting Scouseland during my visit to catch up with a few friends. If there's anyway of transferring a few beer tokens to you please pm me, as I've heard that despite Liverpool's teetotal reputation that you are partial to the odd drop?

Many thanks.

SP