Quality of wall outlet

Max Brok

Can some one advice me about a good quality brand of wall outlet with ground, made in Thailand is also possible. I have now CH...

After a few months of use one can not plug in small European plugs like an Iphone loader wihout falling out. The flexability is gone if one used bigger thai or European plugs.

I use Chang sockets, 40bht for a double, everything is push fit now (PCH-904N).

My builder put in much cheaper ones that have all gone a nasty yellow in the past 8 years.

You'll probably need the surround as well, ordered separately (FA-203).

https://shopee.co.th/ช้าง-Chang-สวิตช์-ปลั๊ก-เต้ารับมีกราวด์-ฝาหน้ากาก-รุ่น-ใหม่-วายซีรีส์-Y-Series-i.47054265.11721266466

Edited by BritManToo

Most of ours are Panasonic installed when we built the house in 2011.

There's a smattering of Schneider and Haco which were added later.

All except the "universal" types seem to be lasting well.

Always had Panasonic in our house, works well form when they were previously known as 'National' 

but in our later build condos, we had Btcino, after about 15 years, the plastic crisp up and break, resulting in sparks and shorts at the switches, had to replace the whole condos worth of switches and sockets to Panasonic now 

• Like 1

You're rich though!

Good grief, Panasonics are something like 90 Baht per double outlet. I'm happy to see the wealth barrier so low!

Everything Chang make is garbage, the sockets, CUs, all worthless. Avoid at all costs. They're just cheap clones of Panasonics. If you don't mind your plugs falling out due to gravity, Changs are fine. I wouldn't bank on the ground pin being in contact with anything though.

I don't much care for the Schneider outlets, but they're very high quality. If you must use universal receptacles, Schneiders are the best ones by far.

Thailand standard, stick with National Panasonic. I've installed thousands of them. I never saw one fail in any way.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Used 3-pin Haco in the house build +15 years ago. Maybe 3 or 4 of them have issues with the cheap 2-pin flat pins on appliances trying to open the shutters... but the shutters still do their job. No issues with looseness and plugs falling out.

Consequently, I used Haco in my recently completed man-cave.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:22 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I went to Global House yesterday. I note that Philips are trying to break into the consumer socket market. I didn't buy any, I just played with them., They didn't 'feel' as good as the Panasonics and they seemed overpriced. I might buy a few next time to see what they're like.

Support the Netherlands Support Philips ????

When i installed outlets with my dad in my Thai home we also went for Panasonic. With many things it pays to buy quality instead of going for cheap. Unless your name is Britmantoo