To get a Thai Pass, I have to participate in the Phuket sandbox for 7 days. Do I fly direct to the island or I need to stop at Bangkok first?

ppatrick

Hi,

I will be visiting Thailand for a few months from early January to late March. Originally I planned to do the 1 day Test & Go in Bangkok. Yesterday they suspended the Test & Go. The only option left is to go to the sandbox Phuket. I already bought a ticket to fly from the US to Bangkok. Do I have to get another ticket from Bangkok to Phuket? The arrival time in Bangkok is already late (about midnight). I doubt that I would be able to find another flight to go to Phuket on the same night. What to do? Sleep at the airport? Try to find another flight that's more direct to Phuket? I've been to Thailand over a dozen times. This would be the most complicated time... Please advise.

at 4th january suspention of t&g will revised, so if no rush with your booked ticket, you can wait.

but to play safe I would do sandbox, that is more stable option, opened now, for up to 3 months advance.

as soon as you booked your ticket you should apply for a pass on t&g.

They were accepting till midnight of 21st.

I did apply that night and got my pass within 24h. My paperwork was not in order, but they haven't spotted it. I have one month to buy hotel

Edited by internationalism