Buying Condo-bank Transfers From Uk

I am currently in the UK & need to buy a condo when I return in a few weeks. I have done this before but can't remember the ins & outs. Basically, if I were to make a wire transfer from my Barclays account here to my savings account with the Siam Commercial Bank would this meet the legal requirements of bringing in the money from overseas for the purpose of buying a condo?

I would have to do this transfer before leaving here as it is the only service Barclays' internet banking will not carry out (ie Foreign wire transfers)

Any info appreciated.

Clicker :o

My answer to your question is YES.

It is a good idea to keep your wire transfer documents to "back up" your bank book showing the transfer from abroad by their bank book "code".

You may eventually need a bank letter showing the amount on deposit, source institution and country of origin, but your wire transfer documents will always help in that respect.

Why take take chances with Thai bank staff, document your transaction yourself. Any Thai official who reviews the transaction will be impressed with photocopies of your documentation, each page signed by you. They really love paper!!!

It is very important that when you are filling out the wire transfer form that you

state on the form, 'FOR THE PURCHASE OF A CONDOMINIUM.' This notifies the receiving bank in Thailand and they will prepare the needed document for you,

a Tor Tor 3, when you are in Thailand and ready to start the process. If you don't write this on the form, you could be setting yourself for a big future headache.

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated. Will write on the transfer form "For purchase of condiminium" & will keep all copies etc. Wish I knew of some way to be certain that the money arrives safely before I leave here? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Clicker :o

Your sending bank must have hard copy verification of a transmitted wire and I would obtain a copy of that along with your bank's e-mail address for followup.

Then if the local bank claims non-receipt, you can back track to your sending bank with all the details via your copies of documents.

Likewise, from where you are, you could communicate with SCB, via phone, fax or e-mail to determine if the funds arrived and are in fact in your account. Allow a week for delays before you can be sure it is in your account.

It is very important that when you are filling out the wire transfer form that you

state on the form, 'FOR THE PURCHASE OF A CONDOMINIUM.' This notifies the receiving bank in Thailand and they will prepare the needed document for you,

a Tor Tor 3, when you are in Thailand and ready to start the process. If you don't write this on the form, you could be setting yourself for a big future headache.

'FOR THE PURCHASE OF A CONDOMINIUM.'

This is most important as otherwise you might end up with a bunch of cash in Thailand which may not be acceptable in the purchase of a condominium property.

And if something should happen that you don't buy and want to repatriate the money to the UK you will find it a lot simpler to do.

Whilst there are ways around it, officially the maximum that can be transferred out of Thailand is $10,000/month.