English subtitles in YouTube videos

Puccini

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

It doesn't work with Thai Videos.

I didn't drill down very far.

Yes, the first few thai videos I tried didn't even offer the cc sub-menu pick.

It does seem to support auto-translate FROM other languages INTO thai though. Which some thais might find helpful.

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, Puccini said:

Is there an app for Windows computers or some other way to convert the text of English subtitles on YouTube videos to speech as the video plays?

Sorry. Still groggy and jumped to my own meaning of your request.

Finally re-reading it I see your question is actually a "Text to Speech" question.

So the video is in a non-English language? And assuming English subtitles can be displayed, you want to "convert" those written English subtitles into spoken (audio) English so that someone can hear them? Preferably not sounding like a robot or auto-tuned singer? Is that correct? Or are you looking for something else?

My apologies for not having given a screen shot with my original post. Here it is now:

text-to-speech.png.097566c1dc5590b1254fcb25e01f8862.png

Source: https://youtu.be/eEWtfFNpFBs

There is so much fast talk in this video series that reading the English subtitles gives me little to no chance to actually watch the action in the video. For this reason, it would be nice to have a function for the user to enable text-to-speech so that the English translation of the dialogue in the subtext would play on my monitor's or my phone's speaker.

Edited by Puccini
added link to the video

Is there a dubbed version?

I couldn't see that they did one.

I guess you could feed the .srt file (assuming you can find one) into a text to speech program, but syncing it? Probably impossible.

On the plus side, that new feature of adding subtitles has wowed a few thai people I showed it to.

Edited by mtls2005