Drunk father attacks son who called him "mad" for tossing his boy's motorcycle aside

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Rescue services in Srinarong district of Surin in Thailand's north eastern region were called after a Thai father attacked his own grown son.

Wichart, 47, was found with multiple stab wounds to his ribs on his left side and his left arm. 

He was rushed to hospital in a serious state.

His father was taken into custody.

The wife of the victim said that her father-in-law was drunk and had tossed aside her son's motorcycle outside the house. reported Daily News.

When her husband confronted his dad - and called him "baa" (mad) - the older man was furious and attacked him with a harpoon and knife multiple times. 

Investigations continue.

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-06

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When her husband confronted his dad - and called him "baa" (mad) - the older man was furious and attacked him with a harpoon and knife multiple times.

10 years to sleep it off have a re-think about life and get the monkey off his back in prison.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Wichart, 47, was found with multiple stab wounds to his ribs on his left side and his left arm. 

The wife of the victim said that her father-in-law was drunk and had tossed aside her son's motorcycle 

I would estimate the father to be near 70 going by the sons age, I imagine the son will seek revenge not for the stabbing but for the embarrasment of being done over by a pensioner !

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I would estimate the father to be near 70 going by the sons age, I imagine the son will seek revenge not for the stabbing but for the embarrasment of being done over by a pensioner !

Would you do that with your dad if he were still alive or let him be ? Personally id let him be thinking he is an old fool. No reason the Thai guy wont let it be either. 

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not thai

So are Thai so different? oh i forgot according to some all Thais are aggressive. You know we thought the same about the Brits at one time given their hooligans and so on. Guess what that is not true either, its just a subset of people who are violent, not all. Same goes for Thais.

Maybe you enjoy looking down on people, it must be nice to finally be able to look down on people. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

That is what you get when you don't respect your elders. Just by surviving longer then you have older people deserve respect. No matter how they behave. Old means respect and wisdom ????

Too many Thais believe that respect should be automatic. It is not. It has to be earned.

But this must be fake news, because before I ever came to Thailand I read repeatedly how close Thai families are and how they are always smiling.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Too many Thais believe that respect should be automatic. It is not. It has to be earned.

But this must be fake news, because before I ever came to Thailand I read repeatedly how close Thai families are and how they are always smiling.

Thai families are a lot like Western families some function well others don't. Recently in my country a father terrorized his kids and wife at age of 72.  

I agree respect is earned not given and just being old does not give you respect.

• Like 1