USA extension

So OP, you arrived visa exempt.

Just recently met married couple also USA and they arrived visa exempt. Few days ago obtained 30 day extension at Mueang Thong Thani immigration, Bangkok.

Next step (with luck) will be covid extension 60 days. 

Each extension is 1900baht and has some basic requirements that Tonray link most likely has covered. 

The covid extensions are due to end Jan 25 however that may be extended. 

• Like 1

If you already in country, initial 30 day extension of stay will not be a problem.

If you are yet to travel, getting past the check in agent at your departure airport without a visa in your passport and a return date beyond 30 days may be a problem.

On planned visa exempt entries the airline normally requires a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

Phuket Town Immigration as tonray referenced in the link above. Not difficult to do, unless your mindset likes to make such things ultra annoying and painful. 

Phuket Town offices are easy to find via Google Maps.

If you're on a bike its easy to get a park inside, cars not so much (park outside is best I think) as being parked in and stuck is a real possibility if you go in early and a mob arrives after you.

I'd refer to the link posted by our dear tonray ... then collect all copies of docs, and originals in hand, cash for the fee, extra cash (small notes) for copies of whatever in case they ask you for something you didn't copy enough times (lol).

Go over early morning i.e. 8 a.m. and take your patience hat, something to drink, and just enjoy the flow of what happens, and hey presto.  

• Like 1

Sorry I made typo mistake .. You go can also go to to Patong and Talay I.O. offices lol ????????

(I defaulted to the offices as a retiree I am duty bound to attend if needed).

These different offices have different opening hours so check and adjust attendance time as needed.

Go early though. For offices open at 8:30 get there at 7:30, if 10 then 9 or a tad before to avoid an extra long wait.

Standing waiting for others to be processed is a lot slower than the time waiting for the offices to open.

I go past Patong offices 4 or 5 times a week after early gym and there hasn't been any appreciable queue's of late.

But during busy times it is a total bunfight so go early check the developing queue and if developing step into the line and wait, otherwise you could go off and have a coffee or food if you want to take the risk of another 50 people arriving before you.

When I used the offices in Patong in the past on a few occasions I always got there just before 9 and simply stood in line and played Facebook nitwit for an hour. 

Take a sunshade if you burn as the sun's fierce at that doorway, and if you're there for an hour you'll get badly burnt.

Don't forget a nice icy gaffee buran too.

Go to the website tonray ref's for you, carefully collect all the required doc's and copies, don't forget your colour photos - make sure the background colour of your photos is exactly as the Immigration website says  ... and your white TM card [placed in passport upon your arrival in LOS by airport I.O.] is there - and the copies of it, and all other things is as required.

I always took all my papers in a plastic A4 pocket/sleeve with a few pens - You have to fill out a form there too so a pen and something to lean on is very handy to have.  

At Patong watch your valuables as there can be a squeeze at the door for ages and having something pinched off your person could happen.

If you have any issue with your photos you can get them and copies of anything done at the tiny kiosk/room at the left side of the I.O. doors at Patong offices. Phuket Town you have to walk a few more yards to get them done. I'd get photos done elsewhere as having to leave the queue then return sets you back in the queue.

Edited by Tropposurfer