Looks like restaurants cannot sell alcohol in CM!

fangless

5 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

MCOT - the official Thai government news outlet

In Chiang Mai that's the Charming Chiang Mai districts. 

Your link is dated 7 January 2022 @15:15 and has been overtaken by later editions. 

Please stay up to date and see my OP!

Edited by fangless
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My partner runs a restaurant in Muang CM & has received a letter from the BiB saying that alcohol can be sold until 9pm. It appears that the blue zones are being treated differently from the rest of the province, but all will be finally confirmed in another letter expected on Sunday.

3 hours ago, brommers said:

My partner runs a restaurant in Muang CM & has received a letter from the BiB saying that alcohol can be sold until 9pm. It appears that the blue zones are being treated differently from the rest of the province, but all will be finally confirmed in another letter expected on Sunday.

It seems to depend on the time of day wrt to which zone CM is in.  Satarday morning CM was IN the Blue zone but by Saturday night CM was declared to be in the Orange zone, as was Hua Hin!

I would hate to be running a business right now!

Edited by fangless
  • Haha 1

The CM Blue zone was defined last year and includes Muang Chiang Mai as well as Mae Rim. So any bona fide restaurant in these areas can serve food until 11pm and sell alcohol until 9pm nightly. It remains to be seen if there is any business now that the Bangkokians have gone home and the foreign visitors can be counted on one hand. My partner is guaranteeing all staff employment until the end of the month. After that it is anyone's guess as to whether it will be possible to operate at all.

• Like 2

It now looks like the restaurants in the CM Blue Zones can sell alcohol after all!

From the TAT website today Sunday!

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-steps-up-covid-19-curbs-nationwide-from-9-january-2022/

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide an update on the latest announcement by the Royal Thai Government that redesignated 69 provinces as Controlled Areas or orange zone, while maintaining 8 remaining provinces plus districts in 18 provinces as ‘Blue Zone’ pilot tourist destinations, effective from 9 January, 2022.

8 “Blue Zone” Provinces + 18 Provinces with ‘Blue Zone” Districts;
Northern Region: Chiang Mai (Mueang, Chom Thong, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts only), and Chiang Rai (Mueang, Chiang Khong, Chiang Saen, Mae Chan, Mae Fah Luang, Mae Sai, Phan, Thoeng, Wiang Kaen, and Wiang Pa Pao districts only).

On 1/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, fangless said:

Your link is dated 7 January 2022 @15:15 and has been overtaken by later editions. 

Please stay up to date and see my OP!

He's the order from the province saying that restaurants in the Charming Chiang Mai districts can serve alcohol until 9 p.m. 

How about you try to "please stay up to date" 

271668438_654507479239822_4817749488592578459_n.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fangless said:

How about you read the post immediately before your post!

Oh - you now admit that you were originally wrong. 

Maybe try deleting  the whole thread - you gave false information and then you argued with people pointing out you were wrong and you were always wrong. 

Spreading fake news is also against the law. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Oh - you now admit that you were originally wrong. 

Maybe try deleting  the whole thread - you gave false information and then you argued with people pointing out you were wrong and you were always wrong. 

Spreading fake news is also against the law. 

NO, I was NOT wrong!

The authorities were wrong to be so ambiguous!

Look at my first post where I stated "This has appeared elsewhere on ASEAN NOW;"

I copied from and/or linked to an "ASEANNOW" earlier post in another thread!

I suggest you either read posts properly or take it up with support, but not with me!

Edited by fangless
Punctuation
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 5:04 PM, fangless said:

NO, I was NOT wrong!

The authorities were wrong to be so ambiguous!

Look at my first post where I stated "This has appeared elsewhere on ASEAN NOW;"

I copied from and/or linked to an "ASEANNOW" earlier post in another thread!

I suggest you either read posts properly or take it up with support, but not with me!

You complete cl**n - the media was wrong, the Thai government ALWAYS said that it applied to blue tourism zones - I even quoted the official Thai government news outlet which you then replied to with "Please stay up to date"

Keep enjoying spreading fake news. You know why ASEAN NOW gets a bad rep - people like you. 

• Thanks 1