Cost of installing power supply to land

Classic Ray

We own some land that is about 200 metres from the local power poles that were installed many years ago in preparation for a moo baan that was never built. Other households have already connected to these poles. 

Can anyone give me experience/cost of getting PEA to install poles, cable, transformer (if necessary) meter, for a 220volt 3 phase supply over this distance. A ball park figure is sufficient. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Haha 1

What you need in terms of poles and transformer will depend on your local PEA, not same in all areas.  So ask them and get a real number.  Much better than getting a bunch of guesses here.  

Do you know if there is 3 phase on those poles?  Do you know if those lines are at capacity or if there is power available for your needs?.........

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife

There was another post yesterday where someone posted this info.

If I remember correctly, 3 phase 30a was around 15k but that did not mention poles or length of cable installation.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

What you need in terms of poles and transformer will depend on your local PEA, not same in all areas.  So ask them and get a real number.  Much better than getting a bunch of guesses here.  

Do you know if there is 3 phase on those poles?  Do you know if those lines are at capacity or if there is power available for your needs?.........

I am trying to deal with this remotely from Bangkok, so not easy to go to PEA in Chiang Mai. Just trying to gather ballpark figures eg basic connection charge plus cost per metre for poles and cable and cost of a transformer.

We did the work ourselves

bought the concrete poles got them set in the ground   concrete

bought cable, brackets ceramic holders ,and fitted the cable up to the main cable from pia 

and put a distribution box  got the local Pia guy to connect on a Sunday 

think not to difficult to find the labour or buy materials

just the 3 faze  might be a problem  can check with Pia  

• Like 1

OP... Check around for local eltrical company / business to set poles, wire etc. 6 years ago NE countryside we had 3 concrete poles set on property w/accessories and wire cable to pole ..

PEA came checked the set up approved and ordered meter to be connected..  My guess from memory >50k... didn’t include breaker box etc. inside house ... which was included in house build 

a few months later...

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Yes if they are not on your property but if on your property I think you usually own them.

If the Poles are laced within your Boundary , on your Land, I cannot believe that you then own them, or the Cabling they carry.

And why would you want to ? If anything goes wrong, you would be liable for all the costs. 

Just saying

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

If the Poles are laced within your Boundary , on your Land, I cannot believe that you then own them, or the Cabling they carry.

So you think the PEA owns and will repair free all cable on private land up to the breaker box or where the cable enters the house?

Dream on.

You are talking about dedicated supply for your use only.

I was thinking of a supply for all and sundry to use once installed, probably placed near the Boundary along a roadway,  or going directly across the Land for access to another area Etc

Your private supply , - your problem

Access for PEA - their problem.

54 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I was thinking of a supply for all and sundry to use once installed, probably placed near the Boundary along a roadway,

That would be put on the roadway land.

58 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

You are talking about dedicated supply for your use only.

I was thinking of a supply for all and sundry to use once installed, probably placed near the Boundary along a roadway,  or going directly across the Land for access to another area Etc

Your private supply , - your problem

Access for PEA - their problem.

Of course.  No reason to get it down right the first time.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, Classic Ray said:

Can anyone give me experience/cost of getting PEA to install poles, cable, transformer (if necessary) meter, for a 220volt 3 phase supply over this distance. A ball park figure is sufficient.

I am building a house in Surin and just got a quote to supply electric to my house that is not yet built.

The company has registered the house etc, even though nothing is there yet and will start installing in 2 days. 

They are using 3 poles over a distance of approx 100 metres and have stated it will take approx 3 days to complete at a cost of 18500 baht

What is confusing is that they state that they are installing the 30Amp supply which is the highest you can get but i have no idea what they mean by this as it is still a single phase supply as missus states there is going to be 2 wires

• 2 weeks later...

years ago had over 200mt done to my house  

a man dug the holes for 4 concrete poles/where you buy the concrete poles they deliver and stand in holes

men  that work for pea will do on there day off also supplied wire  and put-up

total costs with poles 4600bt   watch out for the sharks looking for the farang   cheers