Question to Thai Citizenship Holders

Hi,

I just recently saw that it is kinda easy to apply for Thai Citizenship if you are married and living and working and paying taxes here for just 3 years.

Will be married soon, could be employed and get salary and pay taxes on that.

Just one thing, to know if it is worth it to start this path.

I am a citizen of an European country which DOES NOT allow dual citizenship. But I know for sure if for example I would gain citizenship by investment for Dominica, St. Kitts and Nevis or Turkey, they would not send out any information to my home country and while essentially not allowed, I could just keep my European passport and they would not know that I gained another citizenship.

Now I would like to know from people who already gained Thai Citizenship if that would be, just theoretically for sure, possible to get Thai Citizenship through marriage and keep your old citizenship. Or does the Thai Government, which I cannot really believe if even countries like St Kitts and Turkey don't do it, send out a message to your current country of citizenship that you gained Thai Citizenship?

To make long story short:

At the moment when you gained your Thai Citizenship, there was a notification to your current country of citizenship about your new Thai Citizenship?

• Haha 2

When you start a the Thai nationality application process one of the requirements is doing a statement of you intend to cancel your nationality done at your home countries embassy.

It think you embassy will be informed when you get Thai nationality.

Are you talking about permanent resident status or full citizenship? People sometimes confuse the two. Permanent resident status is the easier one of the 2 and does not involve you loosing citizenship of your home county. But you do get a Thai national ID card etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davidkas said:

Are you talking about permanent resident status or full citizenship? People sometimes confuse the two. Permanent resident status is the easier one of the 2 and does not involve you loosing citizenship of your home county. But you do get a Thai national ID card etc.

PR doesn't get you a Thai national ID card. It gets you a non-Thai pink ID card.

Same ID you can get on any long stay visa/extension

Edited by Peterw42

9 minutes ago, davidkas said:

He is clearly asking about getting Thai nationality.

Permanent resident's to do not get Thai ID cards.