Cashiers Check US 2-3 week + to clear.... why?

DJ54

I closed my Chase JPMorgan account in US and was sent a Chasiers Check funded by Chase JP Morgan one

of the largest in US.  Went to main branch locally Kumphawapi and was told 2-3 weeks .. checked today (3 weeks) 

and told maybe a month now... Not very International  oriented... ugghhh Why? 

"...was sent a Chasiers Check funded by Chase JP Morgan one of the largest in US.  Went to main branch locally Kumphawapi and was told 2-3 weeks .. checked today (3 weeks) 

and told maybe a month now... Not very International  oriented... ugghhh Why?" 

International banking systems, that's why. That's the normal time scale quoted when any bank collects a foreign cheque, anywhere, not just Thailand as the cheque has to be physically sent to the issuing bank in order for it to be cleared.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 minutes ago, Windynoi said:

Who still uses cheques ????

Chase Bank for monies received after bank account was closed. .. yes I asked  why would accept 

direct deposit for closed account.. uhh will discuss at next team meeting... and Yes I’d told the payee 

prior to change and everyone all around dropped the ball... 

Cashiers check are much different than personal/business checks.. bottom has impeded info that

ant be seen with the naked eye.. 

Frustrating couple of bank days... 3+ hrs each day... one day cashiers check and another opening an 

additional account at same bank... local No you can’t.. Headquarters told them twice the could then another No you can’t until Ok you can... head spinning..