Jump to content

Colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial Hospital


xcl8888
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am thinking about doing a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  It seems to be very reasonably priced, compared to Bumrungrad, and even Pattaya International.  Has anyone had this procedure at Pattaya Memorial?  If you have, please share your experience.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the procedure twice at Bumrungrad and BPH...Based on my experience. I would  not drive there and I would have someone to aid your return home as you might  feel a bit woozy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a set price ? I ask because I have had 3 in Thailand &  1 in Oz (not Pattaya Memorial) the one at PBH were doing a special at the time-- a low price then extra for whatever they found and had to cut out-- They found a lot to cut out, so the price was considerably more then expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some good jokes and puns about colonoscopy but i wouldn't go there now...

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Could someone quote a PRICE for the colonoscopy  in Pattaya???

According to Pattaya Memorial's website, colonoscopy is 16,500 bhat, see screenshot below.  Last year colonoscopy at Bumrungrad was 23,000 bhat (this year is probably more).  Pattaya International is over 50,000 bhat.  Anyone has done a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial?  Is your experience positive or negative?  Would you recommend this procedure at this hospital?

 

image.png.2b511ea4edc288c03097be6d7483d2c6.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Is it a set price ? I ask because I have had 3 in Thailand &  1 in Oz (not Pattaya Memorial) the one at PBH were doing a special at the time-- a low price then extra for whatever they found and had to cut out-- They found a lot to cut out, so the price was considerably more then expected.

Anywhere you go the costs of removing and biopsing any growths found will be additional. There is no way they can be included in the basic price since no way of knowing if any will be found and how many.

 

OP price listed  is excellent.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Anywhere you go the costs of removing and biopsing any growths found will be additional. There is no way they can be included in the basic price since no way of knowing if any will be found and how many.

 

OP price listed  is excellent.

Not really, depends on hospital, as no extra charge when removed from me.  Had done at a non-price gouging public hospital vs the price gouging private hospitals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xcl8888 said:

According to Pattaya Memorial's website, colonoscopy is 16,500 bhat, see screenshot below.  Last year colonoscopy at Bumrungrad was 23,000 bhat (this year is probably more).  Pattaya International is over 50,000 bhat.  Anyone has done a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial?  Is your experience positive or negative?  Would you recommend this procedure at this hospital?

 

image.png.2b511ea4edc288c03097be6d7483d2c6.png

My GI guy in the US said that it's best to get upper and lower done as they have you on the table and the additional cost in negligible.
Well - unless you live in Thailand.  Then they'll simply ram the additional costs where the sun don't shine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, xcl8888 said:

According to Pattaya Memorial's website, colonoscopy is 16,500 bhat, see screenshot below.  Last year colonoscopy at Bumrungrad was 23,000 bhat (this year is probably more).  Pattaya International is over 50,000 bhat.  Anyone has done a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial?  Is your experience positive or negative?  Would you recommend this procedure at this hospital?

 

image.png.2b511ea4edc288c03097be6d7483d2c6.png

IMO those prices are very reasonable, given the cost includes sedation.

Someone to drive the patient home is essential, and the patient should avoid driving and alcohol for 24 hours afterwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Anywhere you go the costs of removing and biopsing any growths found will be additional. There is no way they can be included in the basic price since no way of knowing if any will be found and how many.

 

OP price listed  is excellent.

I am not sure which hospital, either medpark or vejthani had a maximum price for cutting the meat. Say colonoscopy is 15,000 baht, every extra thing they needed to remove would be 2,500b, but the maximum price would be 30,000b regardless of how much meat they'd need to cut.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pravda said:

am not sure which hospital, either medpark or vejthani had a maximum price for cutting the meat.

Since you mention Vejthani, I'll mention a bit about my experience there:  the colonoscopy was fine, but when I was presented with the bill I had a bit of a shock:  it was almost double what had been quoted for the procedure since four polyps had to be removed.  Part of the cost was for the use of an additional machine for the polyp removal (which I still think is odd), and part was the ludicrous price for metal staples (can't remember the correct term) - plus the charge wasn't per staple, but you had to pay for the whole box, even if the staples weren't used.  I had to deal with this whilst still extremely woozy from the anaesthetic.  They did find mistakes in the bill, so it came down a bit, but I was not happy with the experience.  I've never gone back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not really, depends on hospital, as no extra charge when removed from me.  Had done at a non-price gouging public hospital vs the price gouging private hospitals.

The public hospitals here in Sakon Nakhon would make you second guess even getting the most minor procedure done.

 

Udon Thani is the closest place that has descent public hospitals in our area.

 

Wouldn't insurance cover that procedure in any case?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, Oxx said:

Since you mention Vejthani, I'll mention a bit about my experience there:  the colonoscopy was fine, but when I was presented with the bill I had a bit of a shock:  it was almost double what had been quoted for the procedure since four polyps had to be removed.  Part of the cost was for the use of an additional machine for the polyp removal (which I still think is odd), and part was the ludicrous price for metal staples (can't remember the correct term) - plus the charge wasn't per staple, but you had to pay for the whole box, even if the staples weren't used.  I had to deal with this whilst still extremely woozy from the anaesthetic.  They did find mistakes in the bill, so it came down a bit, but I was not happy with the experience.  I've never gone back.

The procedure and initial costing was fine,but its the add ons,   being Thailand a scam is a certainty.

  "additional machine"  it all in one,the claw and the camera,just a bit of pulling and the polyp is removed,    not here in TH  ,but close 500 baht then,now about 800 starters,5 bucks to analyse removed polyp

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2022 at 7:37 PM, connda said:

My GI guy in the US said that it's best to get upper and lower done as they have you on the table and the additional cost in negligible.
Well - unless you live in Thailand.  Then they'll simply ram the additional costs where the sun don't shine.

LOL  LOL   LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...