Colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial Hospital

xcl8888

I am thinking about doing a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  It seems to be very reasonably priced, compared to Bumrungrad, and even Pattaya International.  Has anyone had this procedure at Pattaya Memorial?  If you have, please share your experience.  Thanks!

Is it a set price ? I ask because I have had 3 in Thailand &  1 in Oz (not Pattaya Memorial) the one at PBH were doing a special at the time-- a low price then extra for whatever they found and had to cut out-- They found a lot to cut out, so the price was considerably more then expected.

41 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Could someone quote a PRICE for the colonoscopy  in Pattaya???

According to Pattaya Memorial's website, colonoscopy is 16,500 bhat, see screenshot below.  Last year colonoscopy at Bumrungrad was 23,000 bhat (this year is probably more).  Pattaya International is over 50,000 bhat.  Anyone has done a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial?  Is your experience positive or negative?  Would you recommend this procedure at this hospital?

image.png.2b511ea4edc288c03097be6d7483d2c6.png

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Anywhere you go the costs of removing and biopsing any growths found will be additional. There is no way they can be included in the basic price since no way of knowing if any will be found and how many.

OP price listed  is excellent.

Not really, depends on hospital, as no extra charge when removed from me.  Had done at a non-price gouging public hospital vs the price gouging private hospitals.

2 hours ago, xcl8888 said:

According to Pattaya Memorial's website, colonoscopy is 16,500 bhat, see screenshot below.  Last year colonoscopy at Bumrungrad was 23,000 bhat (this year is probably more).  Pattaya International is over 50,000 bhat.  Anyone has done a colonoscopy at Pattaya Memorial?  Is your experience positive or negative?  Would you recommend this procedure at this hospital?

My GI guy in the US said that it's best to get upper and lower done as they have you on the table and the additional cost in negligible.
Well - unless you live in Thailand.  Then they'll simply ram the additional costs where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xcl8888 said:

IMO those prices are very reasonable, given the cost includes sedation.

Someone to drive the patient home is essential, and the patient should avoid driving and alcohol for 24 hours afterwards.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Anywhere you go the costs of removing and biopsing any growths found will be additional. There is no way they can be included in the basic price since no way of knowing if any will be found and how many.

OP price listed  is excellent.

I am not sure which hospital, either medpark or vejthani had a maximum price for cutting the meat. Say colonoscopy is 15,000 baht, every extra thing they needed to remove would be 2,500b, but the maximum price would be 30,000b regardless of how much meat they'd need to cut.

11 hours ago, Pravda said:

am not sure which hospital, either medpark or vejthani had a maximum price for cutting the meat.

Since you mention Vejthani, I'll mention a bit about my experience there:  the colonoscopy was fine, but when I was presented with the bill I had a bit of a shock:  it was almost double what had been quoted for the procedure since four polyps had to be removed.  Part of the cost was for the use of an additional machine for the polyp removal (which I still think is odd), and part was the ludicrous price for metal staples (can't remember the correct term) - plus the charge wasn't per staple, but you had to pay for the whole box, even if the staples weren't used.  I had to deal with this whilst still extremely woozy from the anaesthetic.  They did find mistakes in the bill, so it came down a bit, but I was not happy with the experience.  I've never gone back.

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not really, depends on hospital, as no extra charge when removed from me.  Had done at a non-price gouging public hospital vs the price gouging private hospitals.

The public hospitals here in Sakon Nakhon would make you second guess even getting the most minor procedure done.

Udon Thani is the closest place that has descent public hospitals in our area.

Wouldn't insurance cover that procedure in any case?

On 1/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, Oxx said:

Since you mention Vejthani, I'll mention a bit about my experience there:  the colonoscopy was fine, but when I was presented with the bill I had a bit of a shock:  it was almost double what had been quoted for the procedure since four polyps had to be removed.  Part of the cost was for the use of an additional machine for the polyp removal (which I still think is odd), and part was the ludicrous price for metal staples (can't remember the correct term) - plus the charge wasn't per staple, but you had to pay for the whole box, even if the staples weren't used.  I had to deal with this whilst still extremely woozy from the anaesthetic.  They did find mistakes in the bill, so it came down a bit, but I was not happy with the experience.  I've never gone back.

The procedure and initial costing was fine,but its the add ons,   being Thailand a scam is a certainty.

"additional machine"  it all in one,the claw and the camera,just a bit of pulling and the polyp is removed,    not here in TH  ,but close 500 baht then,now about 800 starters,5 bucks to analyse removed polyp

On 1/16/2022 at 7:37 PM, connda said:

My GI guy in the US said that it's best to get upper and lower done as they have you on the table and the additional cost in negligible.
Well - unless you live in Thailand.  Then they'll simply ram the additional costs where the sun don't shine.

LOL  LOL   LOL