Covid extension in Bangkok after 30 days extension: what is required ?

Hello everyone,

My first post this year, so Happy New Year to all members !

I just read the post "COVID Extension: Bangkok" but my situation is a little bit different and I'm confused about the documents to bring with me.

So:

Background: 

- French passport, 30 day Visa exemption

-Arrival Info : 17/12/2021

Expiration    : 15/01/2022

First Extension : 29/12/2021 

Expiration         : 14/02/2022 (Valentine's Day !)

Muang Thong Thani Immigration (fortunately I asked about this before as I was ready to go to the government complex...)

- I'm staying at an Airbnb and DON'T have a TM30 (just the usual TM6). Do you absolutely need to have a TM30?

I read that you need a letter from your embassy or an evidence that your embassy doesn't deliver such a letter ? Is it mandatory ?

What else do you need ? Bank statement ? Insurance for your period of stay ? Or/And... ?

Merci !

Don't need insurance or bank statements etc.

Don't need anything from embassy.

Here is link to affidavit.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Most likely you need a TM30.

You could check into a hotel that provides one. Messy but you have little time prior to Jan 25. 

The docs you need pretty much same photocopies of pp pages you used for previous 30 day extension.

Same TM7 form etc.

Have it all prepared as photocopy facilities at MTT are poor.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Many thanks Dr Jack54 for your help and the link about the affidavit: I really appreciate it.

I've downloaded the affidavit: so, just checking the first reason - "I'm not permitted to enter the destination country or the pandemic situation of Covid-19 is still ongoing" - is enough ? (Covid-19 is really still ongoing in France, with 278.129 new cases yesterday, it's the worst country in the world just after the USA) 

There is nothing mentioned about the TM30. I still don't understand why this form is required ?

Airbnb can generate a PDF for visa purposes with name of the guest (myself), period of booking, address, name of the host, payment details. Maybe it could work ?

I can also contact my host and ask him to write me a TM30: he answers very fast. Do you've a link to download the TM30 ?

I would think to make the photocopies before to go to MTT. That said, last time I did all the photocopies on site.

Many thanks again for your help.

First up don't be overly concerned about the affidavit. Box 1 or 2.

They won't be interested.

Fact is the world has a pandemic.

Your host most likely is registered and can do a TM30 for you at your request. 

When they do that they receive a receipt and can take a screenshot of it and forward it to you if they are away.

At MTT they have a document check ( to my knowledge) the person checking may just have tm30 on her list and you need that. 

• Like 1

Thanks again. I've found this link https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/ to download TM forms but the link to the TM30 is broken...

You mean my host has - or should have - a link to generate a TM30 ? I'm going to contact it today.

So 25 January is the last day to try to apply for the coronavirus extension ?

7 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

So 25 January is the last day to try to apply for the coronavirus extension ?

Yes if they are not extended further. That announcement could be at the last minute. 

Back to your TM30 issue..... Personally I would contact your condo owner. Ask can he do you a TM30. Yes or No.

If yes then ask him to send you copy of receipt. An email or messenger with screenshot will do.

If he mucks around then I would ask cheapest nearby hotel that if you check in can they provide you a TM30 receipt. 

You basically only have this week or bank on covid extensions being continued.

I believe they will. 

33 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thanks again. I've found this link https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/ to download TM forms but the link to the TM30 is broken...

That is a not a official immigration website. At one time some of the forms on it were out of date.

You can the forms needed in this pinned topic. https://aseannow.com/topic/631223-immigration-templates/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your host most likely is registered and can do a TM30 for you at your request. 

When they do that they receive a receipt and can take a screenshot of it and forward it to you if they are away.

My host registered a TM30 with my details online but she doesn't seem to get a receipt:

- is this receipt sent immediately or delayed ?

- is it sent by email to the host ?

8 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

My host registered a TM30 with my details online but she doesn't seem to get a receipt:

There is no receipt for it.

Have them do a screenshot of it and print it out for you to prove it was done.

10 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

- is this receipt sent immediately or delayed ?

- is it sent by email to the host ?

There are 3 possible formats of the TM30.  The most convenient would be the 2nd one in this image. It is a screen capture from the browser online web registration that your landlord would have logged into when entering you in their system. Ask them for this screen capture, or the one from their mobile phone app.

271948790_4905793146130800_2607669785117341561_n.jpg.7d71b4f309f6f930b5e30d8977d4e9d1.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

There are 3 possible formats of the TM30.  The most convenient would be the 2nd one in this image. It is a screen capture from the browser online web registration that your landlord would have logged into when entering you in their system. Ask them for this screen capture, or the one from their mobile phone app.

271948790_4905793146130800_2607669785117341561_n.jpg.7d71b4f309f6f930b5e30d8977d4e9d1.jpg

Thank you for your help. Yes, I got the second one. Is this enough for immigration ?

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes

Thanks again. However I'm confused with the dates displayed: I checked-in with this host on Jan 5 and have booked it until Feb 9, so I don't understand... (see screenshot)

TM30_screenshot_private.jpg

UPDATE. My host has edited the dates, I'm waiting for the new screenshot !

Edited by anotherfarangishere

7 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thanks again. However I'm confused with the dates displayed: I checked-in with this host on Jan 5 and have booked it until Feb 9, so I don't understand... (see screenshot

You will be fine.

When are you going to immigration.

Sooner the better as if there is any small issue then you have time to attend to it and return next day. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will be fine.

When are you going to immigration.

Sooner the better as if there is any small issue then you have time to attend to it and return next day. 

Eventually I got a PDF from my host (see screenshot) with the correct dates. Should be OK ?

Yes, the sooner, the better: I'll go tomorrow or Thursday.

Many thanks again for your help ! (and thanks to all people who have helped me)

TM30_UPDATED_private.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it will be accepted.

Thanks one more time. I also got the screenshot with the dates updated, so, I'm optimist !

So, to resume, before to go for print and copy:

print:

TM30

TM7

COVID 60 DAYS AFFIDAVIT

photocopie:

PASSPORT MAIN PAGE

PASSPORT STAMPS

TM6

photo

Did I forget something ?

Edited by anotherfarangishere
Forgot to resume
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thanks one more time. I also got the screenshot with the dates updated, so, I'm optimist !

So, to resume, before to go for print and copy:

print:

TM30

TM7

COVID 60 DAYS AFFIDAVIT

photocopie:

PASSPORT MAIN PAGE

PASSPORT STAMPS

TM6

photo

Did I forget something ?

You're all set. A few other forms will be given to you at the office to complete. No big deal, just complete and sign them there. Let us know how it goes!

5 minutes ago, Kitano298 said:

Returned from the temporary K visa facility today and it was chaotic and exhausting. They only gave me 30 days when I requested 60. British citizen 

Was that your first extension after entering the country visa exempt or with a tourist visa?

If yes you got the allowed 30 day extension for your entry. Next time it will be 60 days.

• Like 1

Howdy

Just did my 1st Covid Ext this week--on wed....same forms as a "regular" ext and the covid form which is basically a paper with a check box saying so(basic)

copy of PP--TM30--dep card--stamp +1900 bt ----same as before +covid page

As some have noted I got the 14 days until Feb 2 and then go back and ask for 45 days more-which makes no sense to me as its packer there and seems to be making more work for them to do.....smh

The girl said just bring the PP....no other fees or paperwork needed----will see what happens then