Let's hope Thailand don't start anal probing like China does.

Virt

https://www.newsweek.com/china-uses-anal-tests-omicron-covid-variant-spreads-beijing-2022-winter-olympics-1670625

anal swabs are thought to be more accurate, especially in COVID hotspots.

More like sweet spots..... ????

What i don't understand is the need for anal testing.

IF the virus is not detecable/present in the nose or throat,

how can the virus in the digestive tract or excrements cause any danger?

Did they test if the virus they found through anal tests are active virus or dead/inactive virus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it me, or not? I would prefer to do a anal swob than in the nose or throat. Maybe equal with the throat, but I would not mind doing it in my rectum. 

Just to be clear, I do not have any preferences sexually when it comes to rectum,  just clinical and see no problem. That's how we measured fever when I was a kid.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Is it me, or not? I would prefer to do a anal swob than in the nose or throat. Maybe equal with the throat, but I would not mind doing it in my rectum. 

Just to be clear, I do not have any preferences sexually when it comes to rectum,  just clinical and see no problem. That's how we measured fever when I was a kid.

I think most adults will find it a bit intimidating.

Just because we had our temperature checked anally as kids,

does not mean we will find that method appropriate as adults.

Off course it's not a bad and painful as having a colonoscopy,

but it's still not something i would feel comfortable with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

How far do they insert the swab?

As far as you like. Just say when.

If they tried it on me they

Would have to sign a waiver first absolving me of all liability in the event of blow back.

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Virt said:

I think most adults will find it a bit intimidating.

Just because we had our temperature checked anally as kids,

does not mean we will find that method appropriate as adults.

Off course it's not a bad and painful as having a colonoscopy,

but it's still not something i would feel comfortable with.

I would not like to have anything inserted in me, be it the nose or the throat, just thinking of the hygiene where they have handled how many swabs before they change the rubber gloves, and on that picture, just imagine how it will be if they do the rectum of passengers, who have been on teh travel for how long without shower and clean underwear. 

Ai, something to think of

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Definitely better than the stick up to your brain!

comparing my last last pcr test at thai hospital, when I nearly passed from pain and shock, I would much prefer anal test (which I had at the very same hospital on the same day).

For anal you need to lay down in embryo position, no pain at all, some minor discomfort. Nurse was gentle and pretty.

If test is more reliable, has smaller margin of fault, thus possible cheaper, should be used mode wildly

Edited by internationalism

2 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I think it would be fun if they give you the choice of anal or nose.

I would love to sit back and watch to see who gets in what line.  LOL

People seem to have pervy mlnds about this It's just a medical test. The nose swab if done properly is PAINFUL!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People seem to have pervy mlnds about this It's just a medical test. The nose swab if done properly is PAINFUL!

We changed to the newer and more comfortable nasal quick tests in feb/march 2021 in Denmark,

so thankfully never had to get a nose swab done by the old method.

doing nasal swab for pcr and for atk is same, just a different ways of detecting virus.

ATKs are mostly done by yourself, at home, so not forced and not painful. 

The throat ones are suppose to be even more painful than nasal.

On many tests I had only one throat, which wasn't that bad, so now I dont remember this experience. At the same time nasal was also done and it was painful. 

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

doing nasal swab for pcr and for atk is same, just a different ways of detecting virus.

ATKs are mostly done by yourself, at home, so not forced and not painful. 

The throat ones are suppose to be even more painful than nasal.

On many tests I had only one throat, which wasn't that bad, so now I dont remember this experience. At the same time nasal was also done and it was painful. 

There is the nasal swab

467327412_swab-nasal.png.ce3afddc1005b1a687c0a4b41c5ce11a.png

Source: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/uqIEWvc5bBTvhKN-tsQNpAwEE31YCGiM59CF3Vn99V3j4C2ej4WShNoXYMTF1Glld9qzNA2Wt6lf3HAGN6Eihdbag4TH-cDfaR5aty-D4leBc3_TFgomtwll0yuJj8Kw3iNZx8s=s0

and the nasopharyngel swab

1920667161_swab-nasaopharyngeal.png.b01defb0f94c0459108a3ac64730c85c.png

Source: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/mr-rfB6wKa89OmkBTMUa67lrNJRXPxvRDamPSbVoH9od_L5k2lTj7n1oUfl89XKMMakmYTFb6PEfrktF-PVz-TAfU6NFxhCbWryGu29elTNYnNtN-nKPGB1sGx65f5pTnHN6HiU=s0

And then there is also the throat (oropharyngeal) swab

230049545_swab-throat.png.832eb733624054d63a942671e853d128.png

Soure: https://www.bannerhealth.com/healthcareblog/-/media/images/project/healthcareblog/hero-images/2020/08/diagram-of-oropharyngeal-swab.ashx?h=623&w=750&hash=3F9F8F81DC00A0D5D4DE2C88CC98BF57

The sensation and the degree of perceived discomfort vary depending on the type of swab and the skill of the person taking the swab.