What do you think would happen if you tested positive for SARS-CoV2?

Trujillo

What do you think would happen if you tested positive for SARS-CoV2?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SARS-CoV2 is the virus that causes the disease we know as Covid-19.

Colloquially, we usually conflate "getting covid" and "testing positive," which are not the same thing. You can test positive and yet never get ill; therefore, you didn't "get covid," but I think everyone understands the question. 

I'm actually more interested in how the Thais would respond to this poll, but anyone is free to reply. 

if tested positive you have covid, symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Only minority have symptom, especially now with omicron.

Still, you get antibodies, that suppose to protect for several months. It's possible to check antibodies in blood by fast pin&pr.ck or by drawing blood by syringe.

Having antibody test confirming infection, and possible also recovery certificate, protects from being forcefully isolated in hospital, hospitel or ordered to self-isolate.

I think thai stopped panicking now, after the delta has passed several month ago. Situation is stabilising, hospitals are back to reasonable normal work 

I'm just recovering. Very mild symptoms. Caught it from my wife.  Never tested positive (ATK) until about 5 days after I had it and were recovering. Glad I had Pfizer x2. Wife and family had it a bit worse (Sonogram) Grand daughter 4.5 only had it mild also.

• Like 2

Don't want to even think about it.

Two young kids and a wife.

Probably quarantine in the guest house and binge on Netflix and sleep all day.

Sounds nice, if it's mild.

Edited by MrJ2U

9 hours ago, Lt Frank Bullitt said:

Had it, stayed home, took the thai herbs and Vit C and D, got moderately sick, clear after about a week, now 4 weeks on and all good except for an annoying cough that seems to be gradually getting better.

Did you quarantine at home?

Tough if you have a family or live with someone.

Just curious.

Firstly, I didn’t expect that I’d easily catch it, I’m fully vaccinated with a recent booster so stand the best chance of not catching it - thats the theory anyway and wishful thinking, I’m still ‘relatively’ careful anyway and have no interest in bar-hopping or anything else which may be considered reckless. 

That said: IF I test positive (home ATK) or started having symptoms I would isolate my Wife Son, and I at home. 

The risk of course is passing it on to them (wife and son) but realistically, we’re in the same house, if have it, they’ve been exposed to it. I may well have caught it off them. 

Alternatively, if one of them (wife and son) have it (either symptoms or ATK) then we isolate at home. 

IF I take an RT-PCR test (i.e. before travelling oversees) and test positive but am asymptotic, I expect that I’ll just be sent home to isolate - perhaps with some medication issued by the hospital for a nice fee !

My fully vaxed Thai wife went to visit her cousins and aunt about 4 days ago and 2 days later started with a mild fever & slight chills and a mild sore throat, she did a home ATK test when her symptoms 1st started but it was negative.  Two days ago her symptoms got worse, fatigue, higher fever, sore throat became painful to swallow so she did another home ATK test (same brand) this time it came up positive, she quickly calls her cousins/aunt and they say they are positive also. My son and & I also take a home ATK test and we're both negative.  We discuss the situation of home isolation vs hotel, I told her she can isolate in the guest bedroom but she wants to stay in a covid hotel saying she doesn't want to infect us. So her cousins and aunt swing by and pick her up and they all check into a covid hotel here in Pattaya just off Soi Buakow, when I ask her the cost, she says it's free.  I'm not sure if it's free because she's Thai or because she's has the 30 baht health care plan.  Also shortly after her checking in and being retested she tells me, they told her my son & I need to self isolate even though both of our ATK tests were negative, so here I sit in home isolation, and my son back to online schooling for the next 14 days, luckily we recently shopped at Makro and our food supply is fully stocked, I just wish I bought more alcohol....555.  

Update to my post above;

9 hours ago, bbko said:

she tells me, they told her my son & I need to self isolate even though both of our ATK tests were negative, so here I sit in home isolation, and my son back to online schooling for the next 14 days,

They actually didn't tell her my son and I need to home isolate, my wife just said that because that's what's she heard on the social media sites.  So my son and I will home isolate for a few more days and do another home ATK test, if negative again, we'll return to our regular routine.

Even though I have been vax'd I honestly believe all this covid stuff is a pile buffalo excrement.

Hard to decide on the poll between "I would not have symptoms" or "I would get slightly sick" (like getting a head cold) as I have not had a head cold or any flu like symptoms in years I voted "I would have no symptoms".

Thai I would with would 100% vote for "I would get very sick and die" judging by the way they carry on about it here.

9 hours ago, bbko said:

My fully vaxed Thai wife went to visit her cousins and aunt about 4 days ago and 2 days later started with a mild fever & slight chills and a mild sore throat, she did a home ATK test when her symptoms 1st started but it was negative.  Two days ago her symptoms got worse, fatigue, higher fever, sore throat became painful to swallow so she did another home ATK test (same brand) this time it came up positive, she quickly calls her cousins/aunt and they say they are positive also. My son and & I also take a home ATK test and we're both negative.  We discuss the situation of home isolation vs hotel, I told her she can isolate in the guest bedroom but she wants to stay in a covid hotel saying she doesn't want to infect us. So her cousins and aunt swing by and pick her up and they all check into a covid hotel here in Pattaya just off Soi Buakow, when I ask her the cost, she says it's free.  I'm not sure if it's free because she's Thai or because she's has the 30 baht health care plan.  Also shortly after her checking in and being retested she tells me, they told her my son & I need to self isolate even though both of our ATK tests were negative, so here I sit in home isolation, and my son back to online schooling for the next 14 days, luckily we recently shopped at Makro and our food supply is fully stocked, I just wish I bought more alcohol....555.  

If your darkside Pattaya I can drop of some booze !!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Me and my family had it last year, before I got vaccinated. I had flu' type symptoms for around 10 days. The missus had a slightly less severe version, and my 10 yr old son had a sore throat for 2 days..

I worked from home for a week after all symptoms had gone.

Around 50% of my Thai staff have had it. They mostly fear having to take time off work (and thus losing overtime, bonus, etc.) more than catching the virus, which has been mostly mild or asymptomatic. The ATK-testing kits are all over the place in diagnosing infection, imo. Anyone popping + should demand a retest or PCR before submitting as a "patient".