Loose Bowels - Maybe A Worm Problem

tim armstrong

For about 3 weeks now I've had watery loose bowel motions. Its not like diarrohea, as it happens when I usually go -which is first thing in the morning. But I am having the watery explosion more often, - about 2-3 times a day, and usually after eating. It feels like my digestive system isn't working properly. I'm otherwise OK apart from an ongoing prostate problem. I've tried changing my diet and now eat more farlang food than Thai. I dont drink much, and don't smoke. I've stopped drinking milk which I read can be a cause. My appetite has decreased also.

I'm about to try worm tablets. Does anyone have any recommendations or other ideas. Thanks, Tim

Tim,

If it is infectious in nature, could be giardia. Do you also have gas/bloating? (Typical with giardia) Or could be ameoba. Tinidazole (many brand names, including Fasigyn) 2 GM daily for 3 days will treat both, available any pharmacy (Can also take flagyl, but tinidazole is a shorter tx with fewer side effects).

However, before going that route, I seem to recall from other posts that you have Ca Prostate. Are you receiving/have you received radiation therapy? Or are you on any meds? Either could be the culprit, in which case best go to the doc treating you for same. (Radiation effects can be delayed). Good luck.

Edited by Sheryl

Had the same thing about a month ago. Normal diarhoea clears up in 2-3 days. Mine lasted two weeks (again, watery discharge, but with increasing incidence).

I suspected amoebic infection and had a friend translate my note for the pharmacist which read, "I've had diarhoea for at least 14 days, and suspect an infection. Please prescribe medication accordingly." They gave me two different pills, two doses a day over 6 days. Cleared it right up. Sorry, name of medication in Thai, so I don't have it for you.

However, Thai pharmacists are quite familiar with these common pesky bugs, and I would suspect the vast majority of the time they can assist you to clear it up by medication quite effectively.

I'm otherwise OK apart from an ongoing prostate problem.

So you're taking antibiotics for the prostate problem, right? That can kill off the good bacteria in your stomach. That combined with going to a foreign diet (heavier in carbohydrates) can encourage bad bacteria to grow in your stomach. Together, it perfectly describes your symptoms.

If this what you have, the cheap cure is 1) carbonated soda (coke, pepsi) to kill the bad bacteria, and 2) cheese/yoghurt to rebuild the good bacteria

The more expensive and reliable cure is 1) another antibiotic (cipro) to kill the bad bacteria, and 2) a bacterial supplement by prescription to rebuild the good bacteria

Edited by expatwannabe

Mr. Rosner being a medically licensed Physician in some other world diagnosed the disgusting, foul smelling $hits he as taking as Giardia. Fortunately for Mr. Rosner, he had plenty of Flagyl left over from the 2 other times he had Giardia and the time his wife had a foul smelling, putrifying stench from her Vagina due to a Vaginosis infection caused primary from plastic sanitary napkins used to stem the tide from afterbirth to the month long period she had after liberating Mr. Rosners only begotten son.

Mr. Rosner does not recommend Flagyl for the weak as it taxes the body in many ways.

While Mr. Rosner is not sure that his current stomach upset, and 20 times excreting per day is the fault of Giardia he does have this advice ....

Don't drink and take Giardia 500mg 3x a day with meals.

Mr. Rosner has thus spoke.

Tim,

If it is infectious in nature, could be giardia. Do you also have gas/bloating? (Typical with giardia) Or could be ameoba. Tinidazole (many brand names, including Fasigyn) 2 GM daily for 3 days will treat both, available any pharmacy (Can also take flagyl, but tinidazole is a shorter tx with fewer side effects).

However, before going that route, I seem to recall from other posts that you have Ca Prostate. Are you receiving/have you received radiation therapy? Or are you on any meds? Either could be the culprit, in which case best go to the doc treating you for same. (Radiation effects can be delayed). Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Sheryl, and others. I'm not having radiation treatment yet - it starts in Oz in mid July. I'm not on any meds other than Plendil and Renitec for high BP, and hormone therapy as preparation for the radiotherapy. I don't think any of that is the cause.

I'd forgotten about Giardia. I've mentioned it to Drs. here in the past - they tell me its not common, but I don't believe them. I will go and find some Fasigyn or similar. Thanks again. Tim