DPM Prawit says sacked PPRP MPs still loyal to government despite no reversal in decision

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-27-1.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister and leader of Thailand’s ruling Palang Pracharat Party (PPRP), Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, said today (Tuesday) the group of 21 sacked MPS led by former party secretary-general Thammanat Prompao are still loyal to the government and that there will be no review of the expulsion order.

Although the group will have to join a new party, as legally required to maintain their parliamentary status, whether it will be the Thai Economic party or not, he maintained that their loyalty is still with the coalition government, adding that there will be sufficient support in parliament to ensure the passage of important bills.

Regarding the petition by one of the sacked MPs, Somsak Phankasem of Nakhon Ratchasima, for a review of his expulsion, claiming that he had nothing to do with the group’s demands last week, Gen. Prawit said that the case was over and will not be revised.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dpm-prawit-says-sacked-pprp-mps-still-loyal-to-government-despite-no-reversal-in-decision/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-26

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister and leader of Thailand’s ruling Palang Pracharat Party (PPRP), Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, said today (Tuesday) the group of 21 sacked MPS led by former party secretary-general Thammanat Prompao are still loyal to the government and that there will be no review of the expulsion order.

In other words, if they don't do as they are told next time someone challenges Thammanat's position in parliament, the court will decide that his Australian conviction for drug smuggling will affect his ability to sit in parliament.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Not so sure about that?

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

They are like all the people in government only loyal to their own wallet. 

That's why it's good to be able to vote them out.

That's also why it's so baffling when people like you support military coups. These coups simply replace corrupt politicians that can be voted out, with corrupt politicians that cannot be voted out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's why it's good to be able to vote them out.

That's also why it's so baffling when people like you support military coups. These coups simply replace corrupt politicians that can be voted out, with corrupt politicians that cannot be voted out.

What is baffeling is that people like you keep bringing up ancient history and think that voting new crooks in is going to change anything. For voting to work you need clean politicians and there few of those in Thailand. I mean having a choice sounds nice but if you choices are between being shot and hanged does it really matter.

Its just a minor change (not saying voting is bad) but for voting to work you need a functioning democracy. Besides i supported the coup and changed my mind. That is what people do they change their mind review their decisions. People like you are stuck in the past bringing it up time and again. 

Its ok if it makes you happy.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

What is baffeling is that people like you keep bringing up ancient history and think that voting new crooks in is going to change anything. For voting to work you need clean politicians and there few of those in Thailand. I mean having a choice sounds nice but if you choices are between being shot and hanged does it really matter.

Its just a minor change (not saying voting is bad) but for voting to work you need a functioning democracy. Besides i supported the coup and changed my mind. That is what people do they change their mind review their decisions. People like you are stuck in the past bringing it up time and again. 

Its ok if it makes you happy.

You have to allow Democracy to mature. After the people have voted for corrupt leaders a few times, sooner or later they will see the error of their ways, new candidates will emerge that are less corrupt and people will vote for them. This is the way that things improve, although it takes many decades.

Things will never be perfect, even our own countries have corruption. But by resetting the clock with the illegal theft of power every time people like you disagree with the democratic choice of the electorate, we end up with the current regime, taking down their political opponents and generally ruining the country for their own ends. 

It certainly doesn't make me happy. I'm just pointing out the irony of your criticism of the regime when you supported them stealing power. I know you'd rather not be reminded of your support of the illegal power grab now that you've finally seen what was blindingly obvious to most of us in 2014, but that's life I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You have to allow Democracy to mature. After the people have voted for corrupt leaders a few times, sooner or later they will see the error of their ways, new candidates will emerge that are less corrupt and people will vote for them. This is the way that things improve, although it takes many decades.

Things will never be perfect, even our own countries have corruption. But by resetting the clock with the illegal theft of power every time people like you disagree with the democratic choice of the electorate, we end up with the current regime, taking down their political opponents and generally ruining the country for their own ends. 

It certainly doesn't make me happy. I'm just pointing out the irony of your criticism of the regime when you supported them stealing power. I know you'd rather not be reminded of your support of the illegal power grab now that you've finally seen what was blindingly obvious to most of us in 2014, but that's life I'm afraid.

Look I have been anti this government for ages and you know it yet you bring it up each and every time. Seems you can't let it rest. I am still happy that YL and her cronies got punished. As long as government is in power this one or the opposition they will shield themselves and no investigation will ever work.

That is the sad state of affairs in Thailand, i am anti corruption. But the irony is that both PTP and this government do the same things and if the PTP gets in power you will see them going to their corrupt ways and when its pointed out they will like this government ignore it and hinder any investigation. That is just how it is to think that much will change is crazy. 

Maybe your right about because maybe in decades things will change, unfortunately im an impatient guy and i wanted to see people get punished for massive corruption. I should have known that the guys that replaced the PTP crooks would be crooks too. Its so sad to see how whenever there is an corruption case the government in power buries it no matter what kind of evidence there is. That makes me sad and angry, though now i no longer care. Let the PTP get in power let them be corrupt, this MOB is corrupt too.  Let some others get rich over the backs of the Thai people.

But nothing will change (or at least not anytime soon). Those in power will abuse it that is just how it is here. I see that now but before I thought things could change. Now i know better. So let them choose their own crooks.  The checks and balances wont work at least if the crooks of the PTP get in power the power of the army will get less. That is about the only benefit i see.

• Like 1