VietJet KKC-BKK

Bangkok Barry

Haven't used them ever.

All I can tell: all Vietjet flights to Suvarnabhumi from Jan 23 to today (12:00) were in time, often far ahead of plan (landing upto 30 min early). Some departing 10 min before schedule. So be in time!

Like most places traffic at KKC is very quiet. The new KKC airport looks heavily oversized at the moment :biggrin: The new park deck is hopefully open now?

I always fly Thaismile. VietJet might be looking cheaper in the beginning but compare until you actually pay (checked baggage needed?).

With AirAsia you have to pay for payment even for bank transfer. Brazen.

Don't know about VietJet.

A mate had bad experience with them but that was pre Covid, 2019 or so from Phuket to Bangkok. Left waiting for more than 5 hours.

Edited by KhunBENQ

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Haven't used them ever.

All I can tell: all Vietjet flights to Suvarnabhumi from Jan 23 to today (12:00) were in time, often far ahead of plan (landing upto 30 min early). Some departing 10 min before schedule. So be in time!

Like most places traffic at KKC is very quiet. The new KKC airport looks heavily oversized at the moment :biggrin: The new park deck is hopefully open now?

I always fly Thaismile. VietJet might be looking cheaper in the beginning but compare until you actually pay (checked baggage needed?).

A mate had bad experience with them but that was pre Covid, 2019 or so from Phuket to Bangkok. Left waiting for more than 5 hours.

Thanks. I'll not have any checked baggage so that won't be a pricing issue.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. I'll not have any checked baggage so that won't be a pricing issue.

In that case you might save a few Baht.

Are you over 60? Senior tariff a Thaismile (usually saves over 100 Baht). Flight in February for 995.

1100 for "juniors".

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

In that case you might save a few Baht.

Are you over 60? Senior tariff a Thaismile (usually saves over 100 Baht). Flight in February for 995.

1100 for "juniors".

I am. But VietJet are charging $22 return for dates in March, which is when I plan to travel. Haven't looked at the details yet re extras.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Haven't used them ever.

My wife travels from KKC to BKK a lot for work or at least she used to before Covid. I think she usually uses Thaismile although she has used Air Asia. She may have used Vietjet but I'm not sure. I'll try to remember to ask her when I call her later although if she ha used them it won't have been often but she may know others that have used it.

I use Thaismile partly through habit as I have to fly  KKC/BKK or vice versa when flying to or from Thailand and it saves changing airports plus I have checked baggage. Then I use them as it's what I'm used to. If you're flying without checked baggage then Vietjet, Air Asia and Lion Air tend to be cheaper. They don't provide free food either as Thaismile do but it's not a long flight so not a problem.

One thing I don't do is book through Kayak which I often do for international flights as the price is often higher.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

One thing I don't do is book through Kayak which I often do for international flights as the price is often higher.

I always book on the local airline sites and pay locally (bank transfer or Thai debit card).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I always book on the local airline sites and pay locally (bank transfer or Thai debit card).

Yes I do the same except I use my wife's card as I only have UK ones.

I'm not sure why Kayak is more expensive unless Kayak don't show Thaismile direct prices as they do with most airlines.

10 hours ago, kimamey said:

I asked my wife and she has flown with them and they were OK when she used them. As mentioned they don't provide food but you could order it if that's important.

I can manage a less than an hour's flight without eating. A Thai might not though ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, kimamey said:

My wife travels from KKC to BKK a lot for work or at least she used to before Covid. I think she usually uses Thaismile although she has used Air Asia. She may have used Vietjet but I'm not sure.

Thanks. I think VietJet are quite new to the route. Not sure how new as I haven't travelled since the pandemic came along.

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Haven't used them ever.

Interesting about KK airport.

I usually use Udon Thani airport.  I prefer KK city though and its got nicer hotels 

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, not if you pay by cash at a 7-11 as I used to do on many occasions (maybe a fee was hidden within the ticket price?)

Hidden? Not really.

Last point before paying, 107 Baht fee added (after having done all other data entry etc.).

Same fee for bank transfer.

aapay.jpg

And what the "separate fee added by merchants" means? 7/11 always adds a fee for OTC payments, usually 10 Baht.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

BTW the above price of 1473 is for a flight to DMK (Feb 8 ) with 15kg baggage and standard seat selection (no meal, no insurance which would bring you close to 2000).

For a flight with Thaismile to BKK with 20kg and seat selection included: 995 (over 60yr).

Vietjet with the same set of service to BKK: 12xx (forgot screenshot).

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

BTW the above price of 1473 is for a flight to DMK (Feb 8 ) with 15kg baggage and standard seat selection (no meal, no insurance which would bring you close to 2000).

For a flight with Thaismile to BKK with 20kg and seat selection included: 995 (over 60yr).

Vietjet with the same set of service to BKK: 12xx (forgot screenshot).

Can't beat this fare. Even includes a fantastic 2 baht discount. This was using AirPaz but it's the same but in $US on the VietJet site which I'll use instead.

aa2.png

Edited by Bangkok Barry