2 night stay ?

Hi All  .. I am thinking of staying a couple of nights on Koh Samui  before heading further down south ...where would be the best area  to stay where I would  not be tripping over the tumble weed in the middle of the soi . ??  a few beers and a few pretty faces to look at at the very least ???? . 

Cheers in advance 

PS how regular are the ferries at the mo ??   are they as timetabled or depart when full ?. 

Edited by banglay

The busiest place on the island now is Bangrak.

I have not been to Chaweng for a while but it was dead the last time hat I went. Friends told me that it was opening up a bit over Christmas, but it is nothing like it's former days.

More than enough to do in Bangrak for a couple of nights.

Mainland (Donsak) to Samui (Nathon), the ferries (Raja) are on a timetable.

https://www.phanganferries.com/time-table/?from=12&to=2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

The busiest place on the island now is Bangrak.

I have not been to Chaweng for a while but it was dead the last time hat I went. Friends told me that it was opening up a bit over Christmas, but it is nothing like it's former days.

More than enough to do in Bangrak for a couple of nights.

Mainland (Donsak) to Samui (Nathon), the ferries (Raja) are on a timetable.

https://www.phanganferries.com/time-table/?from=12&to=2

Cheers 4 the info .....question is it better to pre book or is it still quiet enough just to turn up on my motorbike ?

On 1/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, PoorSucker said:

If you looking for a good price then I can recommend First residence in South Chaweng. 

The soi going up to the ring road is a massage/bar street although only two bars open now,plenty of massage shops though. 

Close to Chaweng and Chaweng noi Beach. 

Easy access to both Lamai and Chaweng. 

Ferries run on schedule. 

Good advice, that's close to the best beaches on the island. However if staying only for 2 days and departing with a ferry probably best to find a place around Lipa Noi or Nathon.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Good advice, that's close to the best beaches on the island. However if staying only for 2 days and departing with a ferry probably best to find a place around Lipa Noi or Nathon.

I'll probably spend a night in both parts of the Island ...

12 hours ago, banglay said:

Cheers 4 the info .....question is it better to pre book or is it still quiet enough just to turn up on my motorbike ?

You will probably get a room in most hotels.

What I do not know is 'walk in' rates v people like Agoda/Booking.com etc. It is very competitive out there.

For example - I go to KPN every year for a few nights about this time. Same hotel every year.

Agoda rates - 2,000 baht per night. "Special, special offer".

Hotel rates own web-site - 3,000 baht per night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You will probably get a room in most hotels.

What I do not know is 'walk in' rates v people like Agoda/Booking.com etc. It is very competitive out there.

For example - I go to KPN every year for a few nights about this time. Same hotel every year.

Agoda rates - 2,000 baht per night. "Special, special offer".

Hotel rates own web-site - 3,000 baht per night.

Thx for your input .. but I was referring to pre booking a ferry passage or  just turning up and hope there's space at that time