Shopping Experts, Help Please

Pd10642

I've seen similar in golf shops, they usually have the name of a brand on them - Titleist etc.

I just want to add that I am astonished that you haven't had more replies to this- maybe the women reading didn't take kindly to the idea that they are the only ones who shop?..........................

More likely nobody knows where to find one. Other people have asked for shopping advice before, and received it with only a bit of fuss about stereotyping. if one can't be had in BKK, I'd suggest, of all places, Pak Thong Chai. Quite the western influence there, I know they sell cowboy boots.

Hey, I don't mind the stereotype. I do love to shop. But, unfortunately, wouldn't have a clue as to where to find this type of hat either.

Where is Pak Thong Chai, cathyy? And why the western influence there?

Thank you, thank you for replying. My sincere apologies if I offended any ladies here. I couldn't find the proper thread for shopping. I'm quite the gay fashionista, but I still believe that women are the better ones at shopping!

Thank you for all your info/suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Edited by SirAlain

I'm quite the gay fashionista,

ummm beg to differ! you certainly are NOT ... well at least if you want a hat like that!

What?! That's like, totally Brokeback Mountain. It can't get any gayer than that! :o

I'm quite the gay fashionista,

ummm beg to differ! you certainly are NOT ... well at least if you want a hat like that!

What?! That's like, totally Brokeback Mountain. It can't get any gayer than that! :o

that is sooo 3 years ago!

Google image turned up this image as a burro hat. I don't think OP's hat looks like this at all

280-n.jpg

That looks like an european burro riding hat. I was thinking more of a central american burro riding hat.

If you showed up at a rodeo in cowboy country with a hat like the one in th OP you would get some awful strange looks.

Well, the hat the OP is looking for looks like the bastard child of a cowboy hat and a Panama hat to me, But I wasn't going to comment until this turned into a fashion thread.

Yeah, Pak Thong Chai is a town in Korat, south of Nakhon Ratchasima, west of Chok Chai. I have no idea where the western gig came from, but it's pervasive enough to have been reported on in US newspapers in the travel sections.

You can find some at MBK around the 2-3 floor, they have it in different colors as well. I can't remember the shop's name but it was near and on the same floor as The Pizza Company. Good luck!

Oh my gawd shopgurl where have you been? lol.

Do you know where I can buy knock-offs (bags) in Bangkok?

You can find some at MBK around the 2-3 floor, they have it in different colors as well. I can't remember the shop's name but it was near and on the same floor as The Pizza Company. Good luck!

Oh my gawd shopgurl where have you been? lol.

Do you know where I can buy knock-offs (bags) in Bangkok?

I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years and have also worked in the Retail industry for the past 6 years. What's wrong with MBK anyways? It's not only a place for knock-offs (which I don't buy and encourage), but if you look at the right shops you might be able to find something nice - especially air conditioned and convenient. Otherwise if you want to spend more, take a look in Central World's Isetan where they have them.