Restaurants vs bars

kingstonkid

Okay went to Patpong last night and got a great laugh.

Can those of you that are aficionados of Thai bars explain when you ever got food at either the Pink Panther, Badabing or any of the knights crosses.

LOL it is funny to see these places open granted there were no girls dancing and the music was low but there were still a few girls there. 

• Like 1

Another ridiculous Thai attempt at governance.  In the end, these bars masquerading as restaurants only serve as another income source for the BIB.

If the goobermin was really serious about Covid rules enforcement, they'd send the army to Pattaya and Jomtien and REALLY close them.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, LALes said:

Another ridiculous Thai attempt at governance.  In the end, these bars masquerading as restaurants only serve as another income source for the BIB.

If the goobermin was really serious about Covid rules enforcement, they'd send the army to Pattaya and Jomtien and REALLY close them.

People are struggling  to make a living and doing their  best. I say good luck to them.  Why do you hate them and talk about using the army to oppress them?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

LKMetro bars/clubs have opened as restaurants, but the women are all fully dressed.

It all seems a bit odd, apparently you need a recent COVID test to get in.

So I got vaccinated for nothing ...............

Sometimes you can just get in these places without an ATK, just walk in look confident sit down, doesn't always work..

Edited by scubascuba3

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Everything could be open and back to normal, and 'falangs' would still find something, rather anything & everything to complain about.  Misery loves company  ????

Some farangs not all! This forum is a meeting place for the lonely and disgruntled foreigners who have failed here or fled from here and seek to blame Thais but in real life I have only met such whingers and whiners once or twice.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Some farangs not all! This forum is a meeting place for the lonely and disgruntled foreigners who have failed here or fled here and seek to blame Thais but in real life I have only met such whingers and whiners once or twice.

Everyone fails in the end.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But not everyone blames their mediocrity and failure on other people.

What do you blame your 'mediocrity' on?

After all, you're posting on the same forum as all us other lonely and disgruntled failures.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't blame people. What do you think is the cause of your failed career and relationships? I presume you take responsibility  for your own actions regarding drugs, alcohol and commitment  issues despite  their origins in unresolved conflicts, possible abuse in infancy..

I don't feel I've done much worse than anyone else.

Let's face it

Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp have all failed to keep their woman happy.

If they can't succeed at that, what chance is there for the rest of us?

As for career,

I retired at age 45 having earned enough money to last the rest of my life.

When did you retire with enough money to last the rest of your life?

What was the topic of this thread again?

Bars Vs restaurants ........... I don't really use either all that much.

I'm happy enough cooking my own food at home, and quietly drinking on my own.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't feel I've done much worse than anyone else.

Let's face it

Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp have all failed to keep their woman happy.

If they can't succeed at that, what chance is there for the rest of us?

As for career,

I retired at age 45 having earned enough money to last the rest of my life.

When did you retire with enough money to last the rest of your life?

What was the topic of this thread again?

Bars Vs restaurants ........... I don't really use either all that much.

I'm happy enough cooking my own food at home, and quietly drinking on my own.

You deserve a medal! Pat yourself  on the back.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:40 PM, KhunLA said:

Everything could be open and back to normal, and 'falangs' would still find something, rather anything & everything to complain about.  Misery loves company  ????

My post is not to complain if the GF was not with me probably would have stopped in for a beer and looked at their menu.  Remember there is nothing wrong with looking it is playing with your food that can get you in trouble.

My comment was more directed to the fact that if they are going to be allowed to open as restaurants why not just le them open with restricted numbers.