A couple of questions about STV

G'day! I have just discovered this forum so apologies if this seems trivial or has been covered before. My girlfriend and I are planning our move to Thailand in April and have decided on the STV, with both extensions, to see us out until roughly the end of the year. We have done plenty of research, have the finances to cover the accomodation and insurance requirements and are generally on top of how it works.

One potential issue I have not been able to find an answer to - we are planning on traveling from Australia to Singapore, spending a week or two there and then flying to Bangkok to complete our Test and Go obligations. Does traveling through a third country, longer than an airport transit, affect this visa? We will be applying for the STV as Australians at the Thai Embassy here in Australia, does that mean we must enter Thailand directly from Australia, or will we be fine arriving from Singapore?

Also, as this is a single entry visa are there any options for travel from and back to Thailand during this time? Would leaving the country void the STV and involve having to reapply all over again? Is it possible to reapply for the STV, or is this a once only situation? 

Thanks in advance for any help ????

G