Internet Services In Pattaya

meaowma

I am just completing the construction of a house on the outskirts of Pattaya and we can expect a telephone line to be installed within this century but until then I will need to have internet services.

Does anyone know if I can get internet via satellite dish or micro wave or something else other than telephone line.

And if you do can you recommend someone I can get the service from and give an idea on the reliability of the provider and the connection.

I am just completing the construction of a house on the outskirts of Pattaya and we can expect a telephone line to be installed within this century but until then I will need to have internet services.

Does anyone know if I can get internet via satellite dish or micro wave or something else other than telephone line.

And if you do can you recommend someone I can get the service from and give an idea on the reliability of the provider and the connection.

well if its tot i think thier called on pattaya klang and 3rd rd corner they told me a month to fit cable, but i think that is to cover thier asse, they were very good and i had it done in a week, so maybe cha cha with ya money itll go quick enough!

just one other thing the cable is (or was in my case) put to the outside of the house thats it, no hole drilled no box on wall, they dont do that! but of course they do it on an evening direct to comp was about 800 bhat i think, could have done it cheaper but be the time youve run around getting drills an bits etc and boxes an wire just stress's you out and thats not why were here!!

there are many good bars around that have free internet and free wireless etc, a central good one bieng Tropical berts who has both! thats at the top of soi 6.1 next to soi 6 and opposite the bangkok bank on 2nd road.

best of luck with the house mate.

chris

There's a Hutch shop next door to ComCity (TugCom) on Pattaya South Road. You can buy an AirCard either PCMCIA for laptop or USB connectable for full size PC. These use cellular connectivity, so if you have cellular access in your area, the AirCard will work fine and will give you around 26 to 30 kbps download (faster than dialup) slower than full ADSL. (this is based on my personal experience)

If you sign a 12 month agreement with unlimited access, I think you get the card with that package for approximately THB7000. I think the service cost around THB800 per month.

I live in the Eastern Sukhumvit area off Soi Siam Country Club. I have TOT ADSL at home... worst quality of service I've ever seen in broadband. Connection constantly up and down, router reboots, sometimes very very slow even during non-peak hours. I bought an AirCard... the consistant speed and service is worth the slightly slower load time and you can take it with you anywhere in Thailand where you have mobile access.

Edited by suthnuh

You can connect via bluetooth from your mobile if its got bluetooth,and if your computor hasn't you can buy it 300 baht.12 call offer packages for so many hours. about 350 baht gives you 120 hours apx,while this connection is not fast 115kbps it's fairly reliable.and cheaper than getting gprs airtime cards.

AIS (1 2 call) is very slow. I use it in the EDGE Version, but it's still slow. I read this Forum in the LoFi Version and it's still very slow. As soon as I move my Condo; I will go for something faster.