Current easiest country for obtaining a single non-o visa in asia

I may be in the position of having to obtain a new single non-o visa from a thai embassy somewhere in Asia. With the current entry requirements for various countries, does anyone have any information as to the easiest country to obtain one? I'm double jabbed, so believe that is considered fully vaxxed, so looking for countries where I can do a quick turn around and do the TP for my return, preferably with as little time spent holed up in a dark cell for a few days

OP, when does your current permission of stay end.

What is your non O based on.

Retirement, marriage, etc ? 

Also how did you enter Thailand.

The reason for asking is that if you could obtain a covid extension that would buy time.

Things may change re borders etc.

BTW did you consider an exit along with reentry visa exempt and obtain non O in Thailand..

Think entry to Phnom Penh possible and recent news about Philippines. 

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, when does your current permission of stay end.

What is your non O based on.

Retirement, marriage, etc ? 

Also how did you enter Thailand.

The reason for asking is that if you could obtain a covid extension that would buy time.

Things may change re borders etc.

BTW did you consider an exit along with reentry visa exempt and obtain non O in Thailand..

Think entry to Phnom Penh possible and recent news about Philippines. 

Thanks for the queries, however, it's not really what I was asking. I'd be applying for a non-o spouse. I don't think it's possible to convert a visa exempt into a non-o, I believe you can only do that for a proper tourist visa. I'm thinking Vietnam or Malaysia, but seeing if anyone had other experiences. Philippines is too far away. What's the score with quarantine in Cambodia? I'll look it up anyway. Thanks

10 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

I don't think it's possible to convert a visa exempt into a non-o, I believe you can only do that for a proper tourist visa.

You can obtain a non O marriage in Thailand from a visa exempt entry or a tourist visa entry.

That's why I asked and it will possibly be more convenient.

Have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

This question and my earlier one re covid extension is solely to buy time. 

Borders will open eventually.

You only need one land border open to do border bounce reenter on the spot with visa exempt and obtain your non O at immigration. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a non O marriage in Thailand from a visa exempt entry or a tourist visa entry.

That's why I asked and it will possibly be more convenient.

Have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

This question and my earlier one re covid extension is solely to buy time. 

Borders will open eventually.

You only need one land border open to do border bounce reenter on the spot with visa exempt and obtain your non O at immigration. 

Mhmm, that's interesting, I'll have to check on that for the visa exempt. I'm in Phuket and thinking from further back I may have ask them that before and they said no. Mind you, all these offices seem to operate on their own interpretations.  It's not really about buying time, I've already submitted my application for 1yr extension and got a due date to appear, however, I might have to go to work on a vessel and might not make it back in time. I can't use the 60day extension avenue, as technically I don't have the stamp in place for the 1yr permit. So, it might mean I have to get stamped in as a tourist or whatever on my return, so looking at options in case I have to face that reality. Cambodia does look easier than most right now

3 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

Mhmm, that's interesting, I'll have to check on that for the visa exempt. I'm in Phuket and thinking from further back I may have ask them that before and they said no. Mind you, all these offices seem to operate on their own interpretations.  It's not really about buying time, I've already submitted my application for 1yr extension and got a due date to appear, however, I might have to go to work on a vessel and might not make it back in time. I can't use the 60day extension avenue, as technically I don't have the stamp in place for the 1yr permit. So, it might mean I have to get stamped in as a tourist or whatever on my return, so looking at options in case I have to face that reality. Cambodia does look easier than most right now

Have a clearer picture now.

Nonetheless you will find that you can obtain a non O marriage from visa exempt entry.

If Phuket won't do that then that's weird.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have a clearer picture now.

Nonetheless you will find that you can obtain a non O marriage from visa exempt entry.

If Phuket won't do that then that's weird.

I checked and your correct for sure, I'll see about that avenue first if it comes to that. Thanks for the tip.

• Thanks 1