Thailand TEST and GO: how to count days

George masaoka

Dear forum, I may be getting soft headed in old age, but I have difficulty on figuring the 1&5 day booking for quarantine and PCR for Thailand TEST AND GO.  Day 1 from official websites clearly indicates day 1 for TEST and GO is day on arrival.

See paste below:

• "On Day 1, reservation includes accommodation, RT-PCR test, and airport transfer."
  •  

Therefore it seems that if I arrive at phuket international airport on evening, March 2 for TEST and GO, I would book March 6 for 5th day hotel stay for second PCR test and quarantine.   However, when I contacted a SHA plus hotel on Phuket for questions on reservation I received below info I'm pasting:

"New registration for Test and Go and Sandbox Programme must submit a receipt or hotel confirm letter and receipt confirming payment for two RT-PCR tests (Day 0 and Day 5)."

so it seems date of arrival by hotel is not counted as day ONE as official sites indicate, but day "0".

Day "1" is next day.  Than by this hotel  my day 5 for #2 quarantine stay and PCR would be for me, March 7, not March 6.

not sure what to do for #2 booking on this conflicting info.   Any suggestions?

Also, if I arrive at Phuket in evening, take PCR test and check in at a hotel, if my results not available by next day noon(or check out time), do I have to book another another day in quarantine to wait for results?

thanks for any input.

A friend applied for Test & Go on Tuesday. He booked his 1st day on the 5th and second day on the 10th (thinking that this was 5 days).His application was rejected because his 2nd day should have been the 9th. He had to re-book his second day and wait for a new receipt before re-applying.

If you are arriving at Phuket you usually book the PCR tests yourself.  At least that's what the four hotels I contacted told me, but perhaps your hotel budget and my hotel budget are different.  ????    

The PCR website is https://www.thailandpsas.com/ .  It told me when my day 5 is, I wasn't able to choose.  I arrive after 8pm and that is day 1 according to that booking website.  So I made my bookings around that.  

Thailand Pass has been submitted, I'll find out soon enough if the booking system got 'day 5' wrong.  I haven't made any onward bookings, just in case.  Easy enough to add an extra night in the hotel and resubmit the application.  

On 2/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, moojar said:

The [Phuket] PCR website is https://www.thailandpsas.com/ .  It told me when my day 5 is, I wasn't able to choose.  I arrive after 8pm and that is day 1 according to that booking website.  So I made my bookings around that.   

Update for anyone in the same boat - our Thailand Passes have been approved.  We arrive at Phuket just after 8pm, and that is counted as 'Day 1'.  

May be different in other provinces, or because Phuket PCR test are done at the airport.  No idea. 

Edited by moojar