Where To Buy One Of These ?

midas

Hi Everyone

I have to buy a new stove stop Espresso

coffee pot ( as shown ) because the

rubber seal on my existing one has perished.

Has anyone by any chance

seen one on their travels around Pattaya ?

I have already tried the kitchen equipment shop

on Second Road and The Friendship Supermarket

but no luck so far ................................

post-6925-1181569429_thumb.jpg

I thought Friendship had them... they were expensive, like 1,500 baht for the small size... I know I bought the same thing in Italy, albeit a while back, for like $7...

I know they sell the inner ring replacement filters in Europe and also in Amerigay... shame to have to buy a new one just cause you can't get the rubber ring replacement... You might try Homeworks, but I doubt it... I'm quite certain in Bangkok, like Siam Paragon, or Central Chit Lom, you can find them... maybe even the filters... I feel for you... I feel your pain...

Those suckers do make good coffee... (hope you drink decaf), the other stuff is rough on the ticker...

I thought Friendship had them... they were expensive, like 1,500 baht for the small size... I know I bought the same thing in Italy, albeit a while back, for like $7...

I know they sell the inner ring replacement filters in Europe and also in Amerigay... shame to have to buy a new one just cause you can't get the rubber ring replacement... You might try Homeworks, but I doubt it... I'm quite certain in Bangkok, like Siam Paragon, or Central Chit Lom, you can find them... maybe even the filters... I feel for you... I feel your pain...

Those suckers do make good coffee... (hope you drink decaf), the other stuff is rough on the ticker...

Yes, Friendship does have the overpriced little gizmos. The trick sometimes is to ask as restocking shelves is a subtle art form in these here parts. If you have language problems, print the picture and take it with you. You may get lucky and after fossicking in the back room, they may come up with the full size one you really need at half the price.

Regarding 'spare parts' and Homeworks.... forget it. For example, if you have a faucet (tap) with a leaky washer, they will be happy to sell you a new B500+ faucet. Or a new toilet roll holder (the bit that fits through the cardboard tube and 'clicks' into the fancy B800+ matching tile wall mount)? Need to remodel your bathroom first! The idea of stocking the bits that wear out is an unknown science here.

And never forget to check at Sunti Hardware (almost opp. Foodland Center Road, 100m towards the beach). A veritable emporium for the handyman and home maker alike.

Yep, I have seen them upstairs in Friendship.

Last I looked they were downstairs at Friendship. I just received 6 replacement gaskets for our machine. Happy to give you one if it fits. Also easy to order and get forwarded from US.

How may cups is your pot? Looks like yours is an aluminum model which uses different sizes than our stainless one.

I agree that the before mentioned hardware store could be a good option.

One last idea is that Starbucks shops used to sell them (saw them at Starbucks in Bumrungrad some time back) and might be willing to order.

gud luck

KDF

PM if I can help

homemade / Thai shopmade rubber gaskets ??

Sheet rubber is available easily, even "redrubber" used for higher temp's just a matter of getting it cut to size ??

worth a try as the same thing will eventually happen to the new one ............. ?

just a thought !

cheers

Thanks very much everyone for your suggestions / advice.

I was looking in the wrong place at Friendship - they are dowstairs

BUT they are now shiny looking models for over 3,000 baht.

I managed to obtain a gasket at Sunti Hardware so I saved

3,000 bht :-)) and i dont like throwing anything out until

the metaphorical wheel " drops off " :o

I was so pleased to find this post - I've brought one over from the homeland - less than 400 Baht, I'll get some spares now.

I've brewed up some local Thai coffee, 70 Baht a bag - not special - ok for latté.