Undiagnosed ilness for 2 years

Pawel1

14 hours ago, dj230 said:

I’m not a doctor but March 2020 was when covid-19 was big. 

lots of people who got covid-19 then were extremely sick, seems like newer variants are less severe plus vaccines are making the disease much more mild. 

lots of reports of long term health complications after covid 

Could be anything, best to go to a hospital and have everything checked. 

Thank you for the response. She was tested multiple times for COVID-19 (more than 15 times). It was first thing doctors tested when she went to a hospital. She was 7 times in hospital. It was different wards and different hospiitals - nothing so far was diagnosed.

I spoke today again with Amsterdam UMC and I'm speaking to my doctor in Poland about it becouse they firstly want a letter from our doctor before they can talk to us further.

Just a random thought, you say you were up north, north east, did you eat any food that could be considered dodgy ?

Just wondering as things like uncooked prawns & some very dodgy concoctions are available, did you or wife partake of foods that might fall into that category ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just a random thought, you say you were up north, north east, did you eat any food that could be considered dodgy ?

Just wondering as things like uncooked prawns & some very dodgy concoctions are available, did you or wife partake of foods that might fall into that category ?

We were on Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi.

We ate a lot of things there, bot not uncooked prawns. We ate prawns, lots of them but all of them was coocked. I don't know what could be considered dodgy. We ate mostly in restaurants and footstands. We also ate from stands in street markt.

Edited by Pawel1

18 hours ago, Pawel1 said:

Yes we are in the EU, in Poland.

We tried in London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine but they told us it's not possible to be treated there privately. Only on NHS (they turned us down).

We didn't consideret yet Paris but we'll definetly look into that.

The symptoms were there before treatment, also in between treatements there were long peiods of time and symptoms didn't change.

What alternative approach are you sugesting? I'm open to anything that could help.

Do you have covid-19 vaccines in mind? Disease started long before she got vaccinated. Nothing changed after she took the vaccine (ofcourse it was consulted with doctors).

Before Thailand we didn't take any vaccines because we were vaccinated 1,5 year earlier (for recomended vaccines for Asia).

OK, then there is the 'Hospital for Tropical Diseases', which is nhs. London.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pawel1 said:

Thank you for the response. She was tested multiple times for COVID-19 (more than 15 times). It was first thing doctors tested when she went to a hospital. She was 7 times in hospital. It was different wards and different hospiitals - nothing so far was diagnosed.

I spoke today again with Amsterdam UMC and I'm speaking to my doctor in Poland about it becouse they firstly want a letter from our doctor before they can talk to us further.

As indicated by Sheryl, tests that show no antibodies do not necessarily mean no previous COVID infection.

Evidently 35% of cases have no antibodies from past infection and if you have a vaccine it is difficult to discriminate between past infection and vaccination.

She may have been tested for COVID but I understand that there is no specific test to diagnose long COVID!

Long Covid: Early findings bring hope for diagnostic tests - BBC News

Edited by LosLobo
Typo