non immigrant o based on marriage

Hi,

I'm staying on covid extension since the beginning of covid, at my last extension the immigration informed me that it will probably be the last. I would like to get a new visa based on marriage, is it possible to go to Laos by flight? and is it still possible to get non immigrant O visa at savanakhet?

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you last enter Thailand.

You could obtain non O marriage at Thai immigration if you meet the requirements.

Travel to Savannakhet is impractical. 

on 14 February 2020 my visa ended on 12 February 2021, I don't think you can get a visa at the immigration without the 400 000 bahts requirement.

7 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

on 14 February 2020 my visa ended on 12 February 2021, I don't think you can get a visa at the immigration without the 400 000 bahts requirement.

You could obtain non O marriage at Thai immigration if you meet the requirements.

As said above.

Requirements being 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 monthly income.

Edited by Lite Beer

5 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

That is correct. Require 400k in Thai bank to obtain non O marriage. 

Seems your wanting to obtain a ME marriage from Savannakhet which does not have funds in bank requirement.

As mentioned above....that's a difficult path.

Not even sure if Savannakhet is providing that visa currently.

If over 50 you could consider an agent for non O retirement and extension.

I assume you entered Thailand on a visa exempt or tourist visa? 

Keep in mind that you only require the 400k in bank for few months . 

I'm 43 year old with 2 kids with my Thai wife. I stayed many years on non O visa based upon marriage that I made at Savannakhet, at the beginning I had 400 000 and didn't need to get out of the country but I have more expenses with my family.

I don't have job since 2 years, my wife is working and it covers our expenses for now, it's quite complicated, I need to be there for my kids, we want to stay together as a family, we have a land, house and car, we are very happy here. I'm a bit worry to let my kids alone here but I want to go to work. There is also the school term to pay and the vacation during which my wife won't be able to work if I'm not there.

I will try to get again 2 months covid extension, see if they accept tea money. Best would be a new visa in Laos, I also wait for a job answer which would clear all our financial difficulties, last is to make a visa from France but I think it's quite costly. I haven't been in France since 13 years.

If anyone has information about the visa in Savannakhet and how to get it I would appreciate very much.