‘Shark fighting man’ statue to become new landmark in Hua Hin

webfact

A bad copy of a John Terkel’s statue (The old man and the sea).

But here I see a ugly statue, without artistic or creative interest. It looks like a 3D drawing designed for a Walt Disney movie.  IMO

compare…

80332971-324A-4F4E-8344-496F05C74D03.jpeg

B4A60B31-12B8-462C-98C5-51C55EF3F138.jpeg

• Like 2

There is already a huge one outside the "G" Hotel and shopping complex on Phetchkasem, can't remember the soi but it's between Bangkok Hospital and Market Village. Repulsive work. Betrays an appalling attitude to nature.

When I first saw it I was walking towards MV and from the front it looked like someone riding a shark. As you walk past it you see he's stuck a knife in its back. Very Thai in some ways ????

Edited by BusyB
editing errors
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BusyB said:

There is already a huge one outside the "G" Hotel and shopping complex on Phetchkasem, can't remember the soi but it's between Bangkok Hospital and Market Village. Repulsive work. Betrays an appalling attitude to nature.

When I first saw it I was walking towards MV and from the front it looked like someone riding a shark. As you walk past it you see he's stuck a knife in its back. Very Thai in some ways ????

Yes, Soi 88.  There's also a huge one at the True Arena.

I'm still waiting to hear the origin of the story of why a man is stabbing a shark in the head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1