Innocent man on motorcycle dies after two teens do illegal U-Turn in Udon Thani

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Na Kha police and rescue services went to the scene of a collision between two motorcycles at the Ban Khong Ling U-turn on the Mitraphap Highway at 9.30 last night.

Dead from a broken neck on the tarmac was an unidentified man in pink jacket and jeans aged about 25-30.

He had been riding a Honda Wave that was destroyed.

Nearby was a badly damaged Skoopy motorcycle. Two 17 year olds were taken to hospital with serious injuries. 

Nurseryman Anuwat, 36,  said he was taking a shower when he heard a noise and rushed out to see the devastation.

The two teens were conscious and said they were college students. They admitted to going the wrong way down the road and making an illegal U-turn into the path of the oncoming man, reported Thai Rath.

Police continue their investigations. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 7

18 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

But the education will be toteach them to stop for the red lights.... Better start in primary schools and teach them traffic rules, instead of useless standing or sitting an listen to a lot of talk about nothing

My wife is a teacher and I've tried a few times to get road safety education introducted at our local school to no avail. 

I generally don't get involved in Thai things but felt this to be important. 

Edited by heist
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kokesaat said:

I've read the article, in Thai and in English. I'm trying to figure out how 'Innocent' comes into the equation??

I guess what they mean is that the man that died had done nothing wrong, was not at fault.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The two teens were conscious and said they were college students. They admitted to going the wrong way down the road and making an illegal U-turn into the path of the oncoming man,

A normal manoeuvre for a lot of people.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You do know the meaning of that word do you?

Yes thanks, and I did use it very loosely, meaning people who wish to put themselves to sleep using methods other than natural causes.

Thanks for the concern though... no need to respond.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Two 17 year olds were taken to hospital with serious injuries. 

My wife's son, soon to be 18, who we have raised as a couple since he was 2 years of age moved out and in with his girlfriend a few months ago and uses her motorbike to get around, he is unlicensed and her bike unregistered, they also ride around without helmets on.

I said to the Mrs, after all of those years of teaching him the rights and wrongs this is not what I expected, with her reply being, our job is done, up to him now, nothing to do with us, and she is serious about that.

Clever girl my Mrs.

Just hope he doesn't cause any deaths or serious injuries to others like these two clowns who will walk away with nothing more than a fine.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Because sometimes people are killed or injured by others through no fault of their own.

They just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They are therefore an innocent party.

Innocent in terms of direction. I am not so sure in terms of speed. If the scooter with the 2 injured guys was making a U-turn, it should have been relatively slow. To cause such destruction the momentum must have come from somewhere.

Looking at the damage on those motorbikes, perhaps the two teens, on an illegal u-turn as we know, were surprised by a motorbike traveling at a speed not expected by the teens.

Accidents here just about always have to do with speed.

The teens, making the illegal u-turn, were not going fast.

Slow down

13 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Because sometimes people are killed or injured by others through no fault of their own.

They just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They are therefore an innocent party.

Error.
The sentence should read:  "Because MOSTLY......"
Most people, killed or injured in an accident, are because of the fault of a moron ignoring the traffic rules and/or intoxicated.
When driving on the road, wherever you are, watch the other drivers for moronic behavior and try to stay away from them.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I said to the Mrs, after all of those years of teaching him the rights and wrongs this is not what I expected

I agree with you, but the problem is that society exerts a very strong influence on people.  Everything except for you are telling him not to wear a helmet, fate cannot be avoided and actions do not have consequences.

I wonder how many people "back home" would still wear helmets if it was effectively made optional.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 12:58 AM, kokesaat said:

I've read the article, in Thai and in English. I'm trying to figure out how 'Innocent' comes into the equation??

I think it means that the dead man was in no way responsible for the accident i.e. he was innocent of any wrongdoing