Thailand includes Sputnik Light in quarantine-free entry program

webfact

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Open the gates and let them all in, it's not going to make any difference.

This will all be over in a couple of months time, the longer they hold out the more stupid they will look in the medium to long run.

Tell to idiots like the woman yesterday who lamented that foreigners should not allowed to roam free between 1st day and the 5th day PCR test...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, February 16. /TASS/. Thai authorities allowed individuals inoculated with the Russian Sputnik Light vaccine to enter the country without quarantine but only within the framework of the SandBox tourist program which involves a mandatory seven-day stay on a certain territory.

So technically not quarantine free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So technically not quarantine free.

There is worse than being locked to Phuket ????

Sputnik: seems quite worthless:

Russians having highest rate of positive arrival test.

Putin keeps 7m distance from triple tested/vaxxed foreign leaders ("the table") ????????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

This will all be over in a couple of months time, the longer they hold out the more stupid they will look in the medium to long run.

And what makes you the expert?

Or maybe you read tea leaves, or crystal balls.

They need volunteers for a leper colony you would be a perfect volunteer.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

I agree with most of above , however how could they possibly look MORE stupid I ask myself then they always surprise me.

The hotel/ sequestration/bill padding/insurance and now data breaches are hardly going to encourage much needed tourist income, and yet incredibly the baht seems to stay afloat and even rise some days?

• Like 1

Russians the main group who have this vaccine are also the ones who are 18% positive with fake certs and pcr's compare to US/EU 1%

Just block this group mixing the 2 gives a tourist overall of 2.2% positive, but we know this is all about money to keep the testing policy.

3 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

how could they possibly look MORE stupid I ask myself then they always surprise me.

They could keep up this current system for the next couple of years based on whatever it is that China demands to activate 'the corridor' and keep it running.

Make no mistake, this is all about the long road towards getting Chinese tourists to come back to Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

There is worse than being locked to Phuket ????

Sputnik: seems quite worthless:

Russians having highest rate of positive arrival test.

Putin keeps 7m distance from triple tested/vaxxed foreign leaders ("the table") ????????

Saying that they have a high rate of positivity is not equivalent to saying that Sputnik is worthless.

btw, there are several vaccines available in Russia, not just Sputnik.

As for your last sentence, what I read was that Scholz the german chancellor refused to take a test on arrival, hence the distancing.