Singapore Airlines - Transit through Singapore no longer requiring PCR?

I'm due to fly to UK with Singapore Airlines and still can't find a clear answer on whether I need a PCR test before, because transit through Singapore

Just found this, maybe a new update..

Covid-19 pre-departure test

Exemptions: Infants aged two and below (as of calendar year) are exempted from all Covid-19 tests. Travellers transiting through Singapore who have recently recovered from Covid-19 (i.e. within seven/14 to 90 days of their last infection before departure to Singapore) are also exempted if they present accepted proof of recovery. Check your eligibility here.

All other travellers* transiting in Singapore must take either a Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or professionally-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) within two days before departure for Singapore. Travellers entering Singapore before 22 February 2022 and who have a 14-day travel history to Category IV regions/countries may only take a PCR test (negative ART result not accepted). With effect from 22 February, travellers are not required to take a pre-departure test to transit through Singapore. However, they should ensure they meet all applicable testing requirements for their final destination country. 

Is anyone else in the same situation?

23 minutes ago, AaronC76 said:

Flew with them on Tuesday and was told by the very helpful manager of the swampy desk that you need either PCR or ATK test to transit through Singapore, regardless of final destination requirements

What they told you was correct on Tuesday when they said it, but at this moment their website contains the following statement, which has zero ambiguity:

"The pre-departure test requirement for travellers transiting through Singapore will be removed from 22 February 2022."

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

"The pre-departure test requirement for travellers transiting through Singapore will be removed from 22 February 2022."

slightly off topic

apparently Oz borderforce will accept RAT taken within 24 hrs prior to departure for Oz (will transit in singapore post 22/2).

any advice please as to where one can get RAT in thailand to comply with this timeframe - i did see somewhere that swampy can do but with a 9 hour result wait ?????      

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

slightly off topic

apparently Oz borderforce will accept RAT taken within 24 hrs prior to departure for Oz (will transit in singapore post 22/2).

any advice please as to where one can get RAT in thailand to comply with this timeframe - i did see somewhere that swampy can do but with a 9 hour result wait ?????      

Swampy PCR 3hrs 3,500 baht RAT 1hr 550 Baht.  That's at occicare.com/suvarnabhumi

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BaiLao said:

Problem: stated hours are 0700 - 16.00

yeah, just checked their website thx for advice.

date/time of return ticket not yet booked hopefully can facilitate.

otherwise will do RT PCR (that will be 4 in 4 weeks for a triple vaxee) if oz borderforce still require.

WA just announced will "open" state border 3 march, new relaxed conditions.     

10 hours ago, AaronC76 said:

Flew with them on Tuesday and was told by the very helpful manager of the swampy desk that you need either PCR or ATK test to transit through Singapore, regardless of final destination requirements

Did you read the DARK RED PRINT? This has nothing to do with your trip Tuesday. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bvor said:

slightly off topic

Struggling to keep up here. I am also looking to go to Oz via Singapore after 22/2

So if nothing else changes there are no testing requirements to transit Singapore and just a RAT within 24 hours for Oz? 

5 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Struggling to keep up here. I am also looking to go to Oz via Singapore after 22/2

So if nothing else changes there are no testing requirements to transit Singapore and just a RAT within 24 hours for Oz? 

Travellers scheduled to transit in Singapore from 21 Feb 2022, 2359h will no longer be required to take a pre-departure test.

Travelling to Singapore (ica.gov.sg)

Transiting through Singapore (ica.gov.sg)

Coming to Australia | COVID-19 and the border (homeaffairs.gov.au)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

as reported here it looks like ATM transit in singapore no longer requires testing.

not sure what they mean by must have a single ticket not separate tickets.

oz requires an ATD (now digital) and either rt pcr (72 hrs) or rat (24 hrs) prior to departure - and then there are the differing state requirements on arrival. 

changes are happening all too often so best to google research relevant authorities requirements at "appropriate time" before dipping your toes in the (murky) water.

in my case Thailand and WA restrictions have kept me in perth since march 2020.

ATM june 2022 looks like being my considered return to LOS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Correct.