Feedback Non-O Extension Udon Thani

400k on Thai Bank account, seasoned for 3 month. (The balance is higher and I never touch it in anyway as I am aiming for Retirement Visa in 10 years or so, which seems to be easier -- no neighbors and no wife needed to show.)

Savanekhet is still more convenient to me (and more fun also) because of the "under consideration period", but as I said: can't complain at all and it was a good experience compared with the horror stories you often read.

Edited by IgboChief

More interesting to see that there have eliminated the need to bring along one's wife nad/or witness to basically sit and watch while you sign all the paperwork. This is probably due to Covid restrictions and keeping the numbers of people in the small office down. I heard that they also stopped sending people off to the bank to get last-minute ATM stubs and bank book updates for the same reason. Mind you, they are also under new front office management and the chap who arbitrarily made a pest of himself to a few applicants over the past couple of years has obviously earned his promotion and gone.

My Retirement Extension filed at Udon last month was all of 15 minutes and that was on a busy morning with the 'last' Covid extension crowd already in place by 9 a.m.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

More interesting to see that there have eliminated the need to bring along one's wife nad/or witness to basically sit and watch while you sign all the paperwork.

No, neighbor and wife were present and asked to introduce themselves and to sign 3 different forms.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I heard that they also stopped sending people off to the bank to get last-minute ATM stubs and bank book updates for the same reason

I went to the Bank before, deposited another 1k THB to have a recent balance and also got the Bank Letter. Last year, they insisted on "Same Day" and did not accept the statement of the previous evening (even when showing large amounts).

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

and the chap who arbitrarily made a pest of himself to a few applicants over the past couple of years has obviously earned his promotion and gone.

Yeah, I noticed that. Although this man also gave me my extension last year, just let me jump over a few more hurdles (e. g. rejecting the banking letter from previous evening and also insisted in a hand sketched map and rejected photos).

I must say, compared with many places in the world Thai immigration looks friendly to me.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

This was last year?

This has been last year, when the mentioned distinguished Gentleman was in charge. (It has never been a problem all years before, he just did not want to take my application that day).

This year, I did not try -- but got Banking Letter in the morning and then went to Imm-Office in the afternoon.

• Like 1