Current Taxi Journey Time To Bangkok

Sanook77

Hi,

I hope someone can offer some rough estimate here. I'm planning my trip back to Suvarnabhumi from Pattaya, and was wondering how long it has been taking recently to get there. I came down last month via taxi, and it took around 3 hours, maybe more. I'll be leaving in the evening, hopefully around 7-8pm.

Thanks.

Hi,

I hope someone can offer some rough estimate here. I'm planning my trip back to Suvarnabhumi from Pattaya, and was wondering how long it has been taking recently to get there. I came down last month via taxi, and it took around 3 hours, maybe more. I'll be leaving in the evening, hopefully around 7-8pm.

Thanks.

The road is unbelievably bad with all the road works now. I usually allow for 2 hours. I leave 4 hours before my flight is due to take-off.

If you leave Pattaya at peak traffic time, you really should allow for more travel time just to be safe.

Lucily I've never had a 3 hour trip.

Never had a 3 hour trip either, but indeed with all the roadworks you better allow for some extra time...

4 hours before departure time sounds about right, even with 3 hours of driving you still have a comfortable 1 hour for check-in...

Hi,

Thanks.

Should not be more than two and a half hours.

I regularly take the bus from the North Pattaya road bus station... leaves six times a day... it's never taken me over two hours, but I can definately imagine that you should allow AT LEAST three to be safe.

As many already know, you can save some headaches by using the close U-tapao airport, if you're going to Phuket or Samui, or on some Russian charter to Siberia. One time I wanted to go to Singapore, and wanted to go from U-tapao on Bangkok Airways, where you can connect in Samui right to Singapore... but Bangkok airways insisted on selling me TWO expensive tickets, rather than on "through" ticket, with a connection and/or stopover in Samui.

By the way, I just found out there is a really nice lounge at the new airport, that is "membership only", but I know how to get a FREE "membership"... but I'm not in a sharing mood today... although I will share this: if you get to the airport early, the adjacent Novotel has a deal for, I think 800 baht, you can use their pool, spa, shower facilities, etc., all day long... it's really nice there too, like a luxury resort... you can even dine outside by the pool, in your tight speedo bathing suit, and relax before your LONG flight to some other land... and they have showers too, so you can scrub off that cholrine water, and you won't have to mingle as long with the "great unwashed" milling about in the terminal, in their tank-tops exposing their flabby and hairy sholders, or perhaps in daisy dukes, etc. Aquarium City!

Ive often used the airport bus from soi chayapuuk in Jomtien,leaving on the 1pm bus,it has always managed to pull in to the airport by 3pm or between 2.45 and 3pm,in the car i can drive there in 1.5 hours normally,but the road works some times delay this time.I too would advise giving yourself at least 3 hours to get there,if it rains heavy or theres an accident you'll be late sure...

By the way, I just found out there is a really nice lounge at the new airport, that is "membership only", but I know how to get a FREE "membership"... but I'm not in a sharing mood today... although I will share this: if you get to the airport early, the adjacent Novotel has a deal for, I think 800 baht, you can use their pool, spa, shower facilities, etc., all day long... it's really nice there too, like a luxury resort... you can even dine outside by the pool, in your tight speedo bathing suit, and relax before your LONG flight to some other land... and they have showers too, so you can scrub off that cholrine water, and you won't have to mingle as long with the "great unwashed" milling about in the terminal, in their tank-tops exposing their flabby and hairy sholders, or perhaps in daisy dukes, etc. Aquarium City!

I must say, for a person who complains about the cost of Subway sandwiches you certainly do seem to enjoy the good life.

Personally I buy subs at Subway, but I wouldn't waste my money on a stopover at the Novotel.

Each to their own I suppose.

Ive often used the airport bus from soi chayapuuk in Jomtien,leaving on the 1pm bus,it has always managed to pull in to the airport by 3pm or between 2.45 and 3pm,in the car i can drive there in 1.5 hours normally,but the road works some times delay this time.I too would advise giving yourself at least 3 hours to get there,if it rains heavy or theres an accident you'll be late sure...

I'm curious, how do you manage to shave off 30 minutes by car in single lane, road construction traffic? I find the travel time about equal in buses and cars.