Is the following Health Certificate OK for a Special Tourist Visa (STV) application?

My Thai health insurance LMG says the following Health Certificate OK for a Special Tourist Visa (STV) application, however I'm concerned because it doesn't mention the 400k/40k benefits.

image.thumb.png.cc0d9b821f1a954b0cf5374b7994fc1a.png

My Thai health insurance LMG tells me "The Health certificate we provided, it is a new pattern that approved by Thai Government and Health Department of Thailand.", even though Health certificate doesn't mention the 400k/40k TBH insurance.

However, when I apply to the special tourist visa (STV) application via https://www.thaievisa.go.th, I'm being asked the following document (400k/40k insurance + 100kUSD covid insurance):

10 . Health Insurance issued by thai insurer with outpatient benefit of not less than 40,000 THB and inpatient benefit of not less than 400,000 THB. The insurance must also cover all medical expenditures including COVID-19 at least USD 100,000 and must cover the whole period of stay in Thailand

image.png
Edited by user70

13 hours ago, user70 said:

My Thai health insurance LMG says the following Health Certificate OK for a Special Tourist Visa (STV) application, however I'm concerned because it doesn't mention the 400k/40k benefits.

Best to call it insurance certificate than a health certificate.

It appears that the that certificate would be accepted for the STV since it is enough for a new Non-OA visa application that requires coverage of $100,000 or 3 million baht of coverage that includes covid 19.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Best to call it insurance certificate than a health certificate.

It appears that the that certificate would be accepted for the STV since it is enough for a new Non-OA visa application that requires coverage of $100,000 or 3 million baht of coverage that includes covid 19.

I thought they recently lowered coverage (for O-A) to $50,000 USD.

"....and must cover the whole period of stay in Thailand".

Meaning, if I want to only stay for 6 months (using an O-A) I still must pay for 1 year.

The Thai Consulate in my capitol city told me that the Covid Health Insurance MUST be for a minimum of 1 year.

That's a lot of extra bucks that the Insurance company get that I won't use!  

3 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

"....and must cover the whole period of stay in Thailand".

Meaning, if I want to only stay for 6 months (using an O-A) I still must pay for 1 year.

The Thai Consulate in my capitol city told me that the Covid Health Insurance MUST be for a minimum of 1 year.

That's a lot of extra bucks that the Insurance company get that I won't use!  

You are mixing up covid 19 insurance and the medical insurance needed to apply for a OA visa.

To apply for a new OA visa you need coverage for the entire year from the day you expect to enter the country. If less than a year you will only be stamped into the country to the day your insurance expires.

For other types of visas and extensions of stays  (re-entry permit) that only need the covid 19 insurance and immigration will stamp you in to the allowed entry from them.