Re-home a Young Dog

Steiner

20 hours ago, Steiner said:

Trying to find a home for a young dog.
She has fallen victim to an older bitch wanting to kill her on site.
I've seen this before, it comes out of nowhere, it's viscous, but unlike male dogs who "sort it out" and it's generally done, bitches will keep at it until the bitter end.
I know it doesn't get fixed so to avoid an attack that may cause injury or worse I need to rehome this girl.

The house is currently split into something resembling North and South Korea, last thing I want is to let them come to blows and poison the kid's mind against all other bitches.

She's a Thai Ridgeback approximately 1yr 5 months old.
She has her full papers etc, she cost 12k when purchased but is free to a good home with a garden.
Currently weighs about 22 kilos.

She has a good personality, guards your place without barking at every passing bike or car, generally loves people and spends her days by your feet looking for a stroke.

Always been a house dog, will follow you around.

She seems fine with dogs met on a walk, obviously the initial posturing and sniffing but she seems happy to play with most of the dogs we meet that are allowed out to roam by their "owners."

She's not crazy for walking, happy enough to chill out around the house, in fact on a run she would be the only dog looking like she wanted to get home for a snooze! 
So exercise requirements are lower than most for her.

Eats anything, not fussy.

Don't know what else to say about her, any questions drop me a message.
Dog is in Bangkok.

What a shame! She's a nice looking bitch and from your description, she seems to be low maintenance and has a nice temperament. I have two bitches (30 Kg+) who are VERY territorial, so I understand your situation with respect to the older established "boss" bitch. Hope you find a good home for her soon.

This is the exact situation I have with 2 sisters... mostly they get along but every 3 - 4 months there is a fight - though it is more aptly called an attack... the aggressive sister does not easily stop and will hold her grudge for a couple of days... 

They should probably be separated and the aggressive one actually loves people... and is a good family dog... good with children too.

The passive one would probably love one devoted owner... she is ok w/children but would love the quiet of one devoted loving owner... 

They are 3 years old, spayed and all their shots... they bark if someone comes on the property but don't bite, other than each other... 

Any takers? CM area... 

On 2/25/2022 at 2:10 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

This is the exact situation I have with 2 sisters... mostly they get along but every 3 - 4 months there is a fight - though it is more aptly called an attack... the aggressive sister does not easily stop and will hold her grudge for a couple of days... 

They should probably be separated and the aggressive one actually loves people... and is a good family dog... good with children too.

The passive one would probably love one devoted owner... she is ok w/children but would love the quiet of one devoted loving owner... 

They are 3 years old, spayed and all their shots... they bark if someone comes on the property but don't bite, other than each other... 

Any takers? CM area... 

I think you need your own post for that, this is about rehoming my dog.

• Like 1