Russian Company Outsourced The Main Components In EV Chargers To A Ukrainian Company, Hilarity Ensues

I am a guitar/amp enthusiast...and I know right now many tube amp (valve amp for you Brits) owners are desperately buying up any available stock of Tungsol tubes (Russian company) (valves) which are a high quality aftermarket upgrde for many amp owners. My guess is the supply will dry up pretty quickly.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonray said:

I am a guitar/amp enthusiast...and I know right now many tube amp (valve amp for you Brits) owners are desperately buying up any available stock of Tungsol tubes (Russian company) (valves) which are a high quality aftermarket upgrde for many amp owners. My guess is the supply will dry up pretty quickly.

Same for radio amateurs who use valve RF amplifiers.  Most of the valves are only manufactured in Russia.....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I'm very happy that this "back door" hack has been actioned on this occasion however it also highlights the potential for manipulating warranty periods.

The product stops working about five minutes after warranty has expired and the repair bill is significantly more than the cost of resetting the date on an internal processor. 

I have a feeling this happens a lot.

Didn't Apple already get caught out slowing down older iPhone models to "encourage" users to update??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I'm very happy that this "back door" hack has been actioned on this occasion however it also highlights the potential for manipulating warranty periods.

The product stops working about five minutes after warranty has expired and the repair bill is significantly more than the cost of resetting the date on an internal processor. 

I have a feeling this happens a lot.

All of the time in the software industry.

That is the main reason I do not use Apps on my phone.

And that is not taking into account how badly written most software is these days.