covid regulations for domestic flights from Pattaya in Thailand

matteo73

Hello everyone

I am planning to go on a domestic flight from Pattaya to Chiang Mai at the end of this month (March 2022)
I really need this to go smooth with no problems, delays.

[Question]
Are  there any regulation, restrictions I need to be aware of?

I mean covid type restrictions like PCR tests, vaccines and stuff like that.
Because then I would avoid flying 

Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome 

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Go to that airline's website and check their Covid policies

Likely Thai Lion Air and they allow booking without any hint on Covid regulations.

Not very helpful.

You had a similar thread about BKK to CNX.

As you can see there it is quite inconsistent and travelling unvaccinated by air is a gamble.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

I just got back from CM.  Off topic, not sure why you want to go there.  The air is a cesspool of filth and smoke.  It is very hot during the day,  but you never see the sun.  The whole trip just gave me a headache and I kept testing myself for Covid thinking I was sick but it was all due to the coughing and lung irritation from the terrible air.

Anyway, just for info. on CM, there was no check going in and nothing leaving just the normal security scans.

I think you would be best to try and contact the airline you plan on traveling with to CM.  Some airlines check vaccine certs., but I think many do not.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Flew NokAir Bangkok to Phuket return. last week. Checked Vax certs out but not in.

Out is to Phuket and in is to Bangkok.

It's to official rules that flying TO Bangkok does not require any Covid related stuff.

I am cautious to comment about CM.

My experience is Khon Kaen -> Phuket -> Bangkok -> Khon Kaen over Christmas/NY (AirAsia, AirAsia, ThaiSmile).

And nothing was checked to my surprise.

As written unvaxxed is a gamble.

A documented ATK (simple) test for the leg to CM would suffice.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I just got back from CM.  Off topic, not sure why you want to go there.  The air is a cesspool of filth and smoke.  It is very hot during the day,  but you never see the sun.  The whole trip just gave me a headache and I kept testing myself for Covid thinking I was sick but it was all due to the coughing and lung irritation from the terrible air.

Anyway, just for info. on CM, there was no check going in and nothing leaving just the normal security scans.

I think you would be best to try and contact the airline you plan on traveling with to CM.  Some airlines check vaccine certs., but I think many do not.

I would definitely avoid going to Chiang Mai these days if I could.
But because to get some  paperwork done, it seems I really need to go to immigration office there.

I am going by land at this point from Bangkok, I know it's a 9 hours long journey but hey, I'll take it easy.

Return I'll fly back from CNX to BKK and I'm pretty sure none will ask me anything.

Thanks very much for your helpful reply.

Edited by matteo73
additional info

On 3/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Likely Thai Lion Air and they allow booking without any hint on Covid regulations.

Not very helpful.

You had a similar thread about BKK to CNX.

As you can see there it is quite inconsistent and travelling unvaccinated by air is a gamble.

"You had a similar thread about BKK to CNX."

No, I did not start such a thread.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Out is to Phuket and in is to Bangkok.

It's to official rules that flying TO Bangkok does not require any Covid related stuff.

I am cautious to comment about CM.

My experience is Khon Kaen -> Phuket -> Bangkok -> Khon Kaen over Christmas/NY (AirAsia, AirAsia, ThaiSmile).

And nothing was checked to my surprise.

As written unvaxxed is a gamble.

A documented ATK (simple) test for the leg to CM would suffice.

How do you get a "documented ATK" test? Can't just provide them the physical rapid ATK test kit?

38 minutes ago, Zabber9 said:

How do you get a "documented ATK" test? Can't just provide them the physical rapid ATK test kit?

ATK tests can be done at misc labs with a certificate at a cost of a few hundred Baht.

Not self-test.

I assume that such certificate would be required.

Some businesses even provided ATK test on site (like near road checkpoints to Phuket, some airports).

Don't ask me whether all this is still done (I am vaxxed),

But the number of positive ATK tests results published officially has raised sharply (33085 yesterday).

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"You had a similar thread about BKK to CNX."

No, I did not start such a thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding/under the quote.

I refer to the thread starter.