Retirement extension in passport expiring within the full 12 months.

My UK passport expires in April 2023 but I understand I can only apply to renew if there are 9 months or less before expiry- ie. I can`t apply before July 2022. My annual visa extension is due early August 2022 & as UK passports are taking 10 to 11 weeks to issue I will have to use my current passport for the extension. As the passport expires in April 2023 the extension will only be granted until the passport expiry date- & not for the full year until August 2023. When I receive my new passport will immigration require me to apply for another annual extension from April 2023 or will they then extend the extension for the full year in my new passport- that is until August 2023?

I'm a US citizen with a US passport, and I just did this. My passport expires in Dec, and just a week ago, I applied for a Long-Stay Extension on my Type O visa based on retirement criteria. There was no problem. My stay was extended to the day my passport expires. When I get a new passport, I'll have to bring it in and have the appropriate stamps transferred.  Then, I'll have to get a new stay-extension before my now current extension expires in Dec.

Easy-peasy.... ????

• Like 1

Am in the same position and am renewing my passport 15 mths before it runs out. HMPO are processing my application so that I have a clear 12mths when my extension runs out in Aug/Sept. It's now 7 weeks since I submitted my application via an agent and HMPO processed my payment 3 weeks ago so am expecting my new passport in about 4 weeks.