Thailand Pass/enter Thailand insurance question

Soon I will enter Thailand with a multiple Non-O visa which probably allows me a stay of 90 days. Do I need an insurance for the full lenght or can 30 days be enough?  I have a Dutch insurance declaration which covers "full reimbursement of the costs of medical care including Govid 19, but they not want to mention an amount on it.. Are there people who got a Thailand pass with a decleration without a specified amount mentioned or with an insurance which just covered the first 30 days?

I very much doubt your Pass application will be approved unless it shows medical cover including Covid for at least $20,000 US or equivalent.

Obtain a letter from your insurers to confirm they will cover that amount and include it with your application.

Edited by KhaoYai

@Sjoerd You have titled this thread "Thailand Pass / enter Thailand insurance question" but then your opening post says: "Soon I will enter Thailand with a multiple Non-O visa which probably allows me a stay of 90 days. Do I need an insurance for the full lenght or can 30 days be enough?".

Are you possibly conflating the visa with the Thai Pass?

As I understand it, unless you are entering Thailand as Visa Exempt, you need a visa in order to get the Thai Pass. For both you need insurance, although I'm not clear if the requirements regarding the insurance are the same for both. (Can anyone advise on that, please.)

I started applying on-line for a Non-O Visa, but got stuck on the insurance question:

70304143_ThaiVisapost.jpg.62bc4b737025745dfba0e5d915ae5f38.jpg

It specifically talks about a THAI insurer, but I am assured by a friend (who went through the process about 5 months ago) that a UK policy was accepted then.

If a UK policy is OK, I am then faced with the problem of uploading the necessary pages from the policy. Three pages will be necessary to prove I have the insurance required, but the software does not allow more than one file to be uploaded.

I'm wondering what stage you've reached in your application, and if you have had the same problems?

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

If a UK policy is OK, I am then faced with the problem of uploading the necessary pages from the policy. Three pages will be necessary to prove I have the insurance required, but the software does not allow more than one file to be uploaded.

Make JPGs of the 3 pages and then use an online service to merge them into one long jpg.

This site has a horrible interface, but it does the job. Just scroll down to where you can drag and drop the files.

https://www.filesmerge.com/merge-jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

@Sjoerd You have titled this thread "Thailand Pass / enter Thailand insurance question" but then your opening post says: "Soon I will enter Thailand with a multiple Non-O visa which probably allows me a stay of 90 days. Do I need an insurance for the full lenght or can 30 days be enough?".

Are you possibly conflating the visa with the Thai Pass?

As I understand it, unless you are entering Thailand as Visa Exempt, you need a visa in order to get the Thai Pass. For both you need insurance, although I'm not clear if the requirements regarding the insurance are the same for both. (Can anyone advise on that, please.)

I started applying on-line for a Non-O Visa, but got stuck on the insurance question:

It specifically talks about a THAI insurer, but I am assured by a friend (who went through the process about 5 months ago) that a UK policy was accepted then.

I'm wondering what stage you've reached in your application, and if you have had the same problems?

I just mean about the requirements for the Thailand Pass, The visa I gotsome months ago already

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

Since he will have a multiple entry non-o visa I would assume it is based upon marriage to a Thai.

That insurance requirement is only required for a non-o visa based upon retirement.

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thanks, UJ. 

Do you know if it has to be with a Thai company, please? 

If applying for a non-o visa based upon retirement you would only need 90 days of insurance and it can be from any company it it meets the requirements. I can recall people using travel insurance to meet the requirements.

I am about 100% sure you will not be getting a multiple entry non-o visa based upon retirement. I am not aware of any embassy or official consulate that is issuing them.

• Thanks 1