Has Anyone Sold a Car in Another Province?

Question. 1) Car in your name or 2) in Wife's name?

If 1 then NO idea

If 2 then, Wife gave our old car to her Daughter who lives in BKK

What the daughter needed to get the car in her name (in BKK) was

1- Copy id card of my wife

2- Copy House book of my Wife

3- Original Blue Book for the car!

Nothing else needed

Ps: Car was on Buriram plates. (no need to visit the Buriram DLT beforehand)

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

I have both bought and sold motorcycles in other provinces. You're selling so you need to provide: Signed "Bai Own" - transfer paper, signed letter of attorney, 2 signed copies of your ID card (both front and back), signed copy of your (blue or yellow) tabien baan (address page and your name page), and the blue book. That's all. I have bought 2 bikes without checking them the last 6 months and that's what I get every time (well, the green book in my case), it's always enough.

Now, they say 2 signed copies of ID card but they only use one at DLT so I suppose one should be fine. They also say signed tabien baan but I didn't have it once and they transferred anyway... And most Thai's give 2 signed letters of attorney, always blank! (except the signature). I have no idea why, one is enough. And I'm sure all this can vary a bit ????

I have no idea how people who don't prepare for an easier life do, i.e., foreigners with no thai id card, no tabien baan but most of them have themselves to blame. It's so easy to do. And you're Thai so no problem ???? 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't live in Bangkok, yet all my vehicles are registered there. With the exemption of one bike which is registered in Nakhon Sawan. I don't live there either, but they had the number I wanted at the time of registration.

Registration and Transfer is  a centralized system and has been for some time,

Your trip to immigration is most likely to verify your change of address.