Thai Pass Clarity

Can one of the well informed give some clarity on the Thai Pass insurance please . In my case I have a retirement extension that is valid to this September . I will leave Thailand for 1 month soon and buy a re-entry permit for my return in April .  What I need to know is the length of the insurance cover I will have to take out if 1/ I do not show a flight leaving Thailand after my return and 2 / If I show a leaving flight say after 1 month .    The reason for my confusion is that I think that I read on this forum that a 30 day covid policy is all that is required for any period .  

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

30 day policy is fine. 

BTW you can buy your reentry permit at airport if that's suits you best. 

Indeed , I have  bought a re-entry permit at swampy before at 1000 baht . You are confirming that a 30 day covid policy will cover the remainder of my extension period of about 5 months ? Good news if that is the case . 

9 minutes ago, superal said:

. You are confirming that a 30 day covid policy will cover the remainder of my extension period of about 5 months ?

Yes. 

Think lot of confusion early on because the phrase "insurance to cover period of stay" was used.

Clearly that was a no go for folk in your situation or for example those with non O-A visa. 

Many reports of those with reentry permit obtaining a one month cover and being stamped into Thailand on return up till their expiry of existing permit. 

In your case Sept. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the OP needs this and so do I, let me ask: A good, reliable place for the preflight test to get on the airplane in Thailand. My wife and I are looking for a place that will guarantee a 24hr result. (we worry that a 48hr result guarantee will come back too soon) So far all the places want 3k+ each (in BKK). Leaving at 11:45 pm on Austrian Air on the 31st, we apparently need results dated (anytime after mid-night) on the 31st. (or technically after 1pm on the 30th?)