Ticket sales for Manchester United v Liverpool in Bangkok on sale 2nd April

webfact

9f4dbaf14b6b43e9abf9c5d5b0a825d4-1536x864-1-696x392.jpg

By Jonathan Fairfield

Ticket sales for the Manchester United v Liverpool match, which is scheduled to take place in Bangkok in July, have been postponed.

Early bird tickets were due to go on sale on March 10 and on general sale on March 11.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

A press conference which was due to be held at Siam Paragon on March 9 to formally announce the fixture, titled “THE MATCH Bangkok Century Cup 2022”, did not take place.

As of yet, it is not known when tickets will go on sale for the game which is due to be played at Bangkok’s Rajamangala National Stadium on July 12.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/ticket-sales-for-manchester-united-v-liverpool-in-bangkok-postponed/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-03-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Does anyone know?....do the 'big' players turn up to these events or are you effectively watching the reserves?

Will be mixed squads. A number of youngsters but will consist mainly of household names. Expect lots of subs. Could even be two different XI's 45mins each.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Will be mixed squads. A number of youngsters but will consist mainly of household names. Expect lots of subs. Could even be two different XI's 45mins each.

Played at speed of 2 mph.

Incidentally, definitely not the kind of game that Ronaldo would turn up to (though he doubtless will have left Man U by July).

• Haha 2

I'm still doubtful as to whether it will really happen. The teams aren't coming out of the goodness of their hearts - they're only looking to make up for some of the lost revenue from the last couple of years, so doubt their fees will be at the lower end of the scale. This game will probably be before they start their proper summer training camps so the big players aren't going to be risked for a whole lot of minutes. There was a story about the organizer looking for financial support. If those announced ticket prices are necessary to make it financially viable, maybe someone's having second thoughts.   

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

What are the prices and are there different categories of prices.

5,000B for the cheapest, going up to 25,000B. What on EARTH are these people smoking? How can they find 60,000 rich mugs daft enough to pay those prices for what will be a kickaround in the heat, and possibly rain!?

I paid 300B to watch Liverpool Real Madrid down there quite a few years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2long said:

5,000B for the cheapest, going up to 25,000B. What on EARTH are these people smoking? How can they find 60,000 rich mugs daft enough to pay those prices

I agree that it's ridiculous but just look at all those Mercs BMWs and other European cars on the road in and around bkk. 25k is less than one months repayment on most of their cars. Look at all the boob jobs, nose jobs, designer handbags and the rest. Even the lower class seem to be able to afford to cover their bodies in tattoos somehow. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Does anyone know?....do the 'big' players turn up to these events or are you effectively watching the reserves?

Depends on whether they are released from their "hospitels" in time ????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I can feel a McEnroe coming on....!!!!

https://youtu.be/t0hK1wyrrAU?t=22

a thousand dollars just to sit and watch grown men kick a ball.  You have to be kidding me.  200 for the nose bleed section with no beer.  not a chance.

I have a feeling that it was postponed because someone in England took a look at the prices and started laughing.

What would it cost to watch a league game between these to 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Is anyone on here actually planning on buying any tickets & attending the match in Bangkok ?

Not for a exhibition match. Likely the only thing I would recognize is the playing strips.

I applaud them for bringing the game to us....but at those prices?????

Not on your nellie.

But hey let's put up (was it 600 million baht?) for a opera singer and a K-Pop superstar.

Seems to be something inconsistent here.