Green grapes to black grapes

poppysdad

I’m sure most of us at least once have been totally bewildered or gobsmacked by something your Thai lady has said or done or believed. My latest was yesterday evening. 
Whenever we go shopping we usually buy grape (why do Thai people never use the s), if she chooses it’s always green or if I choose it’s red or black and I always simply thought it’s just personal choice until last night. She came home from her business and noticed I’d been eating the black grapes and asked if I had washed them thoroughly before eating, she’s very conscientious about washing all fruits veggies etc before eating but then said to me why do you always choose the black ones, to which I replied I think they’re sweeter and generally considered to be more healthier. No no she says, black grape are green grape, they spray them to change colour. No I says honey, there are 100’s of different grape varieties around the world. She started to get angry and asked me why I always want to fight with her when she knows. I work on grape farm in Australia many years ago she says and I see them spray baby green grape which then turn black when they get older. I was about to try and convince her but decided to let her have her day again. I sure many others have equally amusing experiences. 

• Haha 1

Reminds me of my partner's mother.  A few years back when pandas were all the range in Thailand she bought a black and white "panda fish".  A few days later the paint peeled off to reveal a perfectly normal goldfish.