Marriage extension

Hello,

Has anyone recently done their application at Chaengwattana for their marriage extension. Mine expired in November 2021 and I am now having to complete a new application and just wanted to know if there are any unusual requests I can expect. Below is what I have prepared in duplicate and I have a confirmed appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

Prepared documents

TM7 form with recent photo

Passport photo page

Non immigrant e visa, entry stamp page, TM6 both sides and TM30

Copy of previous marriage extension stamps but not every page of my passport with other Thai entry/exit stamps

Marriage certificates as required (Thai)

Spouse ID and passport

Blue book and title deed for our condo but not sure if I need my wife's house registration as she is still registered at her mums

Map of our condo location

Photos of me and wife - Outside condo building showing building name, outside our condo apartment showing unit number, kitchen, bedroom, lounge and I also include a couple from wedding day last time they took.

Tomorrow I will get letter from bank showing seasoned 400k for 2 months and 6 months bank statement and my book updated and I will copy every page of bank book as they requested this last time.

If there is anything I have missed please let me know and on your views on whether to include copies of every page of passport with Thai stamps and if my wife house registration is required?

Also what are your views on requiring another visit from immigration police as part of the process its not an issue but I will be away for two weeks whilst the extension  is under consideration.

Thanks for any help.

I do mine in Korat and a certificate called a Kor Ror 2 is required from the local (any) amphur office. This certificate kind of verifies your status as still married. Mine has to be no older than the day before applying. Apparently, any amphur office can do it by accessing the records on a national database of some kind. No charge for it. Take your marriage certificate with you. 

Maybe CW don't need it? Maybe good to check. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Shouldn't you have applied 1 mth before your last extension expired? You may have to start again from the beginning with a new Non O from outside the country?

Yes I have to start again, I was out of the country so could not extend so I have a new Non O visa obtained outside Thailand and I am submitting a new application within the last 30 days of my visa 

5 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Shouldn't you have applied 1 mth before your last extension expired? You may have to start again from the beginning with a new Non O from outside the country?

He says he has an e-visa. I assume he means a 90 day non O based on marriage obtained outside Thailand. Am I right OP?

34 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

He says he has an e-visa. I assume he means a 90 day non O based on marriage obtained outside Thailand. Am I right OP?

Yes that's correct as they were not issuing visa in the passport as embassy's were closed to walk-in.

I completed my marriage extension at Chaengwattana yesterday, it was very busy there but I had booked an online appointment. It not clear when you arrive how you will be processed as they don't issue you a queue number as you have a prebooked appointment. It states on the appointment that counters L28-30 process you but you must actually go to counter 27 to have documents prechecked.

My appointment was at 2pm had my documents checked just prior to this and they brought me straight to an officer to process my application.

They only took one set of documents plus wanted a second copy of our Kor Ror 2 and my wife's ID and house registration and as she is not registered at our condo and they also asked me for bank statement. I had a 6 month statement printed that morning at Bangkok bank and also had the bank letter and photocopy of every page of my bank book,

The whole process took about 20 minutes the officer was very efficient and polite. I now have an under consideration stamp to return 12th April just before they close for Songkran.