Saraburi Immigration extra requirement for marriage extension.

Nibor1945

Just got back from submitting my 26th annual extension based on marriage to a Thai national. everything the same as last year with the exception of a request for a "three month bank statement" as well as the usual updated book and Bank confirmation letter. this caught me unawares as I had not noticed this requirement being published. Fortunately there is a branch of my bank a few minutes drive from the Imm office and had no problem getting the requested statement.

(Just a heads up to anybody else unaware of this new requirement).

Nibor.

• Thanks 1

Since I've been going to the new Sukhothai immigration office for marriage extensions from the start every year they changed procedures or added something.

I usually go 2 weeks before so if they want that 3 months statements I'll go back again as its not that far and when we do go back we go late aft on purpose on a Friday and blame the bank for making us late. ????

They are not happy. ????

• Haha 1

For the last couple of years Saraburi Imm has been telling me to submit application for extension 30 days before "run our" date", in reality this usually ends up three weeks before. 

It would have been no problem getting a three month statement at the same time as updating bank book and getting confirmation letter, if I had known of this requirement. "She who must be obeyed" asked if this was a permanent requirement and was told "yes" orders of the "big boss" in Bangkok.

Due to translation difficulties I can't figure out if it applies to all extensions based on "money in the bank" or just Marriage extensions. Of course I asked where this requirement was published and from the grins of the officers, I guessed that, that would have spoiled the enjoyment of seeing red faced Farangs biting their tongues.

Normally I have had good relations and few problems with that office but yesterday was definitely an exception.

Edited by Nibor1945

Just been for my third extension (married for 16 years) and we were both taken aside and 'interviewed'.

My wife was asked questions like....... what is my mother's maiden name and father's name, how many siblings do I have, what are their names, where was I born....

I was asked what is our address, how many people live in the house, what is my mother-in-law's name......

After 16 years......seriously???

I have been doing the Bank Report, updated bank account and amount letter for extention of stay based on marriage to Thai National. All goes fine down with a Southern Immigration office/team

On 3/17/2022 at 10:19 AM, Will B Good said:

Yes.........I understand there are concerns, as there are in the UK, regarding 'fake' marriages to gain visas...........but even I am not stupid enough to try and fake a marriage for 16  years.

Probably your noisy neighbour who tipped them off. ????

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2022 at 3:19 AM, Will B Good said:

Yes.........I understand there are concerns, as there are in the UK, regarding 'fake' marriages to gain visas...........but even I am not stupid enough to try and fake a marriage for 16  years.

Could have thought, there's no way this guy is married - he spends way too much time on TV/Asean commenting when his wife would have had him doing chores... ????

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Could have thought, there's no way this guy is married - he spends way too much time on TV/Asean commenting when his wife would have had him doing chores... ????

She thinks the same I guess....555