Education visa-children

Is there any minimum age for education visa for expat child enrolled at international school or kindergarten?  Would one of the parents be able to apply for a caretaker visa (not sure of visa type name) in such as case?

Thank you.

Edited by neytil

There is no written minimum age for a child to apply for a non-ed visa or a extension of stay based upon attending school.

One parent per child can apply for a non-o visa or a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending school. To apply for the extension requires 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days for the first extension and then 90 days after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no written minimum age for a child to apply for a non-ed visa or a extension of stay based upon attending school.

One parent per child can apply for a non-o visa or a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending school. To apply for the extension requires 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days for the first extension and then 90 days after that.

Ok thank you. So if starting the process from overseas, would the child application be for single 90 day non ed. And would the guardian parent apply for non O dependent 90 days single? Can't seem to see a guardian visa listed anywhere. Would the listed financial requirements be at time of applying overseas or when extending?  could all of this be started in country by converting from tourist visas instead?

Edited by neytil

51 minutes ago, neytil said:

Ok thank you. So if starting the process from overseas, would the child application be for single 90 day non ed. And would the guardian parent apply for non O dependent 90 days single? Can't seem to see a guardian visa listed anywhere. Would the listed financial requirements be at time of applying overseas or when extending?  could all of this be started in country by converting from tourist visas instead?

If you enrolled in a school and was able to get the correct supporting documents they could have a non-ed visa issued at a embassy for official consulate. And you could then a apply for a single entry non-o visa for being their parent.

A guardian visa does not exist. The wording parent and family member is not used by the MFA and immigration.

Immigration does not normally issue non-ed visas or for parents of a child.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

. And you could then a apply for a single entry non-o visa for being their parent.

A guardian visa does not exist

Thank you. Would you happen to know the name of this non-o visa type for a parent, as the closest I can see is non O dependant which is kind of the opposite?

30 minutes ago, neytil said:

Thank you. Would you happen to know the name of this non-o visa type for a parent, as the closest I can see is non O dependant which is kind of the opposite?

It depends upon the embassy website that you are looking at.

This one includes the parent under the same heading as the child. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/visa_coe_education/

On others it would be shown as a family member of the person that has the non-ed visa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the embassy website that you are looking at.

This one includes the parent under the same heading as the child. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/visa_coe_education/

On others it would be shown as a family member of the person that has the non-ed visa.

Thank you for that link and information.  Somehow, I still cannot see if they would issue the parent with a 90 day Non-O education visa, or 90 day Non-O family member visa.  I see on other embassy websites stated that the the Non-O dependant family member visa is designed for dependants, with no mention of a parent of a student.

23 minutes ago, neytil said:

Thank you for that link and information.  Somehow, I still cannot see if they would issue the parent with a 90 day Non-O education visa, or 90 day Non-O family member visa.  I see on other embassy websites stated that the the Non-O dependant family member visa is designed for dependants, with no mention of a parent of a student.

It would be a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a child attending school.

At the top of the the page I posted the link to it states this. 

"Visa and Thailand Pass for Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians."

On 4/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

It would be a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a child attending school.

At the top of the the page I posted the link to it states this. 

"Visa and Thailand Pass for Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians."

Thank you, I saw this wording, but am still  confused  what the actual visa would be called.  Would it be something like "Non-O, Parent or Guardian of Educational Visa holder" or something similar? Trying to establish the exact name of the visa in order to find the correct application form for other countries.  On some embassy websites,they  show Non-O dependent/family, or Non-O education, but have never seen "Non-O parent or guardian" visa application linked to an Education visa?